Advice regarding Juggicide

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Garner, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

I know some people have seen and are alarmed by Juggicide's claims that he's already posting here under a new name and we're none the wiser.

I'd like to raise a few points about what this means to us:

1) Absolutely nothing. We need to ignore this. Most likely, it's an effort to get us paranoid and provoke us into "bullying" newbies.

However, given that Juggicide seems genuinely surprised that the few newbies to stick around for more than one post on the old site have publicly spoken out against him - he's insisted they must be us, which i certainly hope is not true, I'm given to wonder WHY it should be so surprising that so many newbies have registered and some might feel the need to speak up with their own opinions. The only reason this would be surprising to me is if I knew for a fact that 90% of the previous newbies were not actually new.

In otherwords, the only reason for Juggicide to be so "sure" that they're being trolled by us is if they're confident that there wouldn't be many newbies registering... eg, THEY were the majority of newbies we had over the years.

2) Let's assume that Juggicide has managed to fit in over here as a good poster. What does this really mean?

It means that he was always capable of getting along, and he personally chose not to. It means that his issues and problems go deeper than we could ever hope to understand, and there is nothing redeemable about him. We won't ever be sure of that if he doesn't break character, but years of experience with him (for, I think it's impossible to doubt he's an axis poster or at least a student of their methods) suggests that he won't be able to resist that.

so, 3) All we need to do is maintain our standards. Eventually, if Juggicide or his ilk have planted a sleeper, they will give themselves away. They always do, because it's just not worth it if we don't know how they 'out smarted' us.

So, bottom line...

What do we do? Absolutely nothing. We enforce the guidelines, the rules, and the protocols that we always have, and if a complete pile of wank suddenly acts right under a new name and fits in, then fine. So long as they can live the lie, we simply don't need to worry about it.
  2. Ba Lord of the Pies

Really, if they're able to get along this easily, doesn't it argue much more strongly for our side than theirs? It means that this side is willing to get along with others. They were the ones who refused to do so.

If Juggernaut/Steve/Fatman is reading this, and they're actually posting as a sleeper, they should realize they've already lost. There's no more lasting harm they can do this community, and by putting the sleeper in, they've shown that they could have done so at any time. [i:e4518422e4]They[/i:e4518422e4] made the choice not to fit in. [i:e4518422e4]They[/i:e4518422e4] were responsible for the problems they had with the community and with Garner. No one else.
  3. Maljonic Administrator

I saw that bit too, but I thought we weren't going to highlight anything they said over there?

He's either just said it to get a rise from us, or he really has joined here and is being nice like he says (which is an admission that he isn't nice normally), either way I personally don't give a shit what he's doing or if he is one of the posters here, he's way too dull to keep his identity a secret forever if he is here, just like he was too stupid to keep up the silent bumping on the old board - idiots like that need recognition for their idiocy eventually. :)

Plus it's irrelevant anyway, we'll never know if he sticks to the rules so it doesn't matter; he'll be banned if he doesn't stick to the rules, so it doesn't matter.
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

*shrug* Before this turns into trollbashing, let me remind ba that Fatman himself was a sleeper. They've put plenty of them in over the years.

In fact, when I recently reiterated the common pattern of flamewar -> newbie registration -> problem newbies -> flamewar -> newbie registration as evidence of a sleeper agent Modus Operandi, we saw a bloody newbie registration phase take place just days later, including Fatman and others who may or may not be Juggicide.

what that means, to me, is that it's probably best NOT to talk about this kind of thing at all, but I think it is important to advocate a policy of business as usual in the face of threads of infiltration.

If they break the rules, we will deal with that. If they don't, then we need never know.

imagine how many people we might still be friends with today if we'd never seen an unpleasant side of them. on the one hand, it's never nice to be lied to, but on the other... if you never find out then in a case like this, maybe you can just enjoy the new company?
  5. Garner Great God and Founding Father

crossposted with mal...

again, my only reason for posting this was to address some concerns and try to advocate a workable policy. if we can just read the topic and walk away from it, that might be the best thing.
  6. Maljonic Administrator

Thought you had crossposted somehow. I guess if none of us read anything there we'd never know and it wouldn't matter, poor lad's pretty obssessive though isn't he. :)
  7. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Meh...like in the simpsons [i:98c21d6f5f]just don't look, just don't look[/i:98c21d6f5f].

They've got the board they want now, I hope they enjoy it.

Lets us just enjoy this board.

:)
  8. QuothTheRaven New Member

9. Pepster New Member

Hey if it never breaks character then all the better, let it sit there feeling smug. As it losses either way, I see no problem.
  10. sampanna New Member

[quote:010c072e58="Rincewind"]Meh...like in the simpsons [i:010c072e58]just don't look, just don't look[/i:010c072e58].

They've got the board they want now, I hope they enjoy it.

Lets us just enjoy this board.

:)[/quote:010c072e58]

Amen! I thought there was a general agreement on not reacting to stuff said on that board?
  11. Garner Great God and Founding Father

evidently not, as we've still had some confusion about whether or not we should still even post there.

seeing as I received some concerned comments about the thread in question, I felt it important enough to address here
  12. spiky Bar Wench

Well I can honestly say that I have better things to do with my time then set up new accounts with the hassle of avatars just to piss people off I don't know and don't care about...

So my alibi is having a life and after a squiz through the old board the thought that people need to get over it and move on cos theres still a lot of discussion about us over there, and I'm not sure how long it will take them to realise [i:df6147c4ba]we don't care anymore[/i:df6147c4ba]!

Maybe the thing to do is to never refer to what they do and maybe eventually they can stop referring to us...
  13. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I think that is the way to go. Lets forget about them, so they can forget about us.

They've got there place now, i hope they enjoy it. Lets stop giving them stuff to react too.
  14. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I personally haven't been looking over there for at least a week now, and I'm not that interested in discussing them. We are now here and can deal with any bad behaviour that crops up. End of story.
  15. colonesque10 New Member

Couldn't agree more. They've already destroyed one board, lets not let them get in the way of this one. :)