Banning "The_Khan" for persistent spamming

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Electric_Man, Apr 19, 2007.

?

Should The_Khan be banned?

Yes 14 vote(s) 100.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Electric_Man Templar

This is a motion to ban The_Khan, regarding the amount of self-advertising posts he has placed within these forums.

I believe he has had enough warnings about correcting his behaviour, we have requested that he participates fully in the forums, but he continues to only post links to his website and the projects he is undertaking, creating unnecessary work for the moderators and annoying others who view these threads before deletion.

Please vote in this thread as to whether you agree with the banning or not. Results will be taken after one week*. If the majority agree with the ban, The_Khan's account will be deactivated.

*I believe this is the standard time-frame? I won't set a limit on the poll, we'll just check back here to view the score at the end.
  2. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I've voted. I voted 'yes' becuase inspite being warned that his posting is an irritant to the comuntity His made no effort to change.

(Note: You don't have to give a reason for your vote or announce your vote. if you don't wish to.)
  3. chrisjordan New Member

Yes. I don't know how he can be so oblivious to all the locked threads and warnings. He's obviously not paying any attention to us. *sniff* My friend indeed.

Death to the salesman.
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Don't particularly care in this situation, so I shan't vote unless there needs to be a tie breaker (in which case, someone tell me cause i can't see the results until i vote).

I will say, however, that I don't object to this motion being raised.
  5. mr_scrub New Member

I most emphatically believe he should be banned. It's really annoying how much spam he generates.
  6. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Given the conversation we had with him when he first arrived, in which he understood and agreed to attempting to be part of the community if he was going to advertise here, and given that he has made no such attempt but has continued to regularly spam the board, I would be quite happy to ban him. The behaviour is not inflammatory, but it is antisocial. I have voted yes.
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

Same as Grace, and the continuous "my friend" really gets on my nerves. Yes.
  8. Maljonic Administrator

I agree too. I'm not really that bothered by him per se, but his links seem to be increasing. Where, at the start, he was only posting pictures, which was nice, he has now dropped all the coyness and gone straight for posting spam links to his site and nothing else.
  9. Tephlon Active Member

Agreed, mostly for the reasons Buzzfloyd gave. He has made no attempt to participate and is using this forum as a free advertising place, nothing else.

All that = bye bye
  10. Garner Great God and Founding Father

I still ain't voting in this one unless there's a tie, but I'd like to now publicly state this motion has my full support. Two new spam posts today from this guy. Sheesh.
  11. Katcal I Aten't French !

there go another 2 threads... *sigh*
  12. Electric_Man Templar

Less than 24 hours left on this vote if anyone else wants to participate.
  13. Ba Lord of the Pies

Just a note, but there is under the poll to allow one to see the poll's current results without voting.

If Garner needs any more help finding his way around, he merely has to ask Ba...
  14. Mynona Member

I've also voted yes. He said he'd understood our rules and that he'd follow them but apparently this is not the case.
  15. Maljonic Administrator

I posted this link: Khan Spam in the other thread of his. You can see that some of the pages listed are other message boards. He's copied and pasted the same posts dozens of times on dozens of sites.

In fact there's more results if you just search: The_Khan

He must spend all day doing it, probably his job.
  16. Electric_Man Templar

Well the time was up... er... a good few days ago now. The_Khan has the unanimous backing of the community to be banned.

I guess this has probably been done by people (Mal) more on the ball than me, if not - let it be done.
  17. Maljonic Administrator

Ah, yes... the ball... banned Thursday on the dot, no wait it's Friday!