Bigger text

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Maljonic, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Maljonic Administrator

I made some of the text bigger so it's not such a strain on the eyes, i.e. the stories' text, which was very small. Please let me know if it's bad, or whatever. :)
  2. Pixel New Member

I don't know how easy it is to allow for browser text size options - I haven't got that far oin my website self-training - but that could prove very useful;
  3. Maljonic Administrator

It kind of messes up the design a lot if you allow that on a site like this, making it look different on different machines, PCs and Apple Macs, so that you never know what it looks like for everyone. :)
  4. lipi New Member

I was just wondering, and didn't want to open a new thread.
    Is it possible to make the links in posts a bit more obvious? Colorwise or underlined?
    Because on my computer the difference to other text is so slight I usually miss them, if they are not suggested by the content itself.
  5. Rincewind Number One Doorman

what people could just do is add a * on either end of the link so people know something is there?
  6. Tephlon Active Member

Giving them extra work. Yeah, that will work... :)

I agree. (Edit: With lipi)

[color=red:19ff39de16]Mal, PLEASE consider changing the colour of the links to a slightly brighter blue.
    On my home PC you will hardly see the difference between normal text colour and a link. On my work PC it's a bit better, but not much.[/color:19ff39de16]
  7. lipi New Member

I think that would work well, if people stuck to it.
  8. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:974e99331f="Rincewind"]what people could just do is add a * on either end of the link so people know something is there?[/quote:974e99331f]

Or [u:974e99331f]underline[/u:974e99331f] them - as Buzzfloyd suggested in another thread

Or [color=blue:974e99331f]colour[/color:974e99331f] them differently
  9. Maljonic Administrator

Okay, all links on the boards are underlined now. Let me know if you think it's better that way, we could make it the same on the whole site?

for example Hoogerbrugge :)
  10. Delphine New Member

I think it's loads better now, Mal. Much clearer. :)
  11. Hsing Moderator

Yes, definitely! And interesting link, too, although I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet... :)

Edit to add: Ach so!
  12. sampanna New Member

The underlining works well, I think. Now Rinso cannot blame his mistakes on links being difficult to see, it's entirely due to his lack of grey matter :p