Change intro question 4

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Maljonic, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Maljonic Administrator

I think we should change this introduction question:

4) do you have good faith that a discworld movie COULD be done well enough not to suck?

When we first came up with that there weren't any live action Discworld movies, but now there are two it sort of sounds like we think they both 'suck' when I'm sure most of us don't.
  2. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Sounds like a good idea, Mal.
    Are you looking for suggestions (clean and in not more than 10 words) or have you already thought of one? :D
  3. Maljonic Administrator

Yes please, a replacement - nothing kinky.
  4. Gypsy New Member

For those of you who need a quick reminder...-I was one of them and just had a peek...these are the things we ask new members at present:

1) Motivational Impetus for chosen screen name.
    2) Male/Female
    3)Age and Geographic Location
    4) The (not so) much debated movie query
    5) How were you turned on* to Pratchett and/or Discworld?
    6)Personal Quote

Perhaps we could ask them...ermm....that's as far as I got...

*That's a bit kinky, ne?
  5. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

I don't suppose a minor re-wording, along the lines of...

"If you have seen the recent Pratchett movies, did they fit in with your own imaginings of the Discworld?"
  6. Maljonic Administrator

How about:

Have you seen any Discworld movies, did you like them and do you have faith in future productions being good, better or worse than current ones?

Or something.
  7. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

It works for me.
  8. Tephlon Active Member

Yes, but you are obviously biased, Peasant #47 :lol:

I think the way it was proposed works for me too.
  9. redneck New Member

I am in agreement with the changing to either Mal's or Joc's proposed queries.

I like Joc's because it is a little shorter and to the point, but Mal's is, I believe, better for clarity.
  10. Hsing Moderator

We should pin a new introduction thread, and close the old one. Editing or posting the edited catalogue of questions will only cause confusion, as many people finding the introduction thread will look at the first post to see how they should introduce themselves.
  11. Maljonic Administrator

Actually I did wonder about that too. I changed the question in the first post, but I guess a lot of folks will just copy them from what people answered on the last page or so?
  12. Gypsy New Member

If you change it in the first post, just write a notelet on the last page saying it's been changed. New members will see it, answer accordingly, and soon we'll have a page of answers with the new question included.

I think it's great that our intro thread has sooooo pany posts. Starting a new one will make it look like there's no one here.
  13. Maljonic Administrator

That's a good point, I agree. The only problem is the last post wont be the last post for very long, perhaps if we just wait and see what happens?
  14. Katcal I Aten't French !

I rather agree with Hsing on this one, the current one mostly contains posts by a lot of people who only really posted in that thread and disappeared soon afterwards. It might be fun to start a new one with a new set of questions and have everyone here answer it, then it would probably be a lot more useful as a "who are we" thread, instead of making people sift through 3 years of mainly irrelevant stuff... Someone who arrives now and finds the current thread might be rather misled as to the number and identities of people who are on the boards.
  15. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

If the general feeling was to totally rehash the Introduction Thread, I would go with that. It would give the long term members a chance to re-acquaint themselves with each other as well. Nice ideas being bounced around there Hsing and Kat. You just beat me to them :D
  16. redneck New Member

I like both ways. Too bad only one can be chosen. The next question is, if we do restart the intro thread, what do we do with the old one? Do we put it as an archive only thread?

I think I do lean more towards a fresh start intro thread, though.
  17. randywine Member

Sounds like a good idea to me...

Just my tuppenth worth:razz:

R.