Discworld Live Chat

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Maljonic, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Maljonic Administrator

A live chat thingy has been installed, it's in a box on the left underneath the calendar on the front page; every registered member is automatically logged in when they click on it (if you are logged into the site already), and logged out again when they click the cross to close the window. A pop up tells you you're logged out if you don't have it blocked, in case anyone wonders what the blocked pop up is.

Don't know how useful it will be, but it's there anyway if anyone wants to use it. The room names are a bit naff, but we can change those to whatever we like in the future. Feel free to test it and so on... :)
  2. TamyraMcG Active Member

Thank You, Maljonic! It is the first time I ever got to do any chatting on-line. It worked out okay.
  3. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Cool, I'll take a look later.
  4. sleepy_sarge New Member

Great features - operates through my work firewall - and file sharing too! Excellent!
  5. colonesque10 New Member

I've tried it. Spoke to Ivan a little on it yesterday, seems good. Although the sounds do scare me. ;)
  6. Mooseman New Member

Yes, I'm using right now. Its cool! 8)
  7. Maljonic Administrator

I wonder, do you think the box with the link in should be higher up so people can see it easier - perhaps above or below the shoutbox, or on the right above the who's online box?

I'm trying to figure out a way to show you who is in there without having to go inside by the way. :)
  8. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:fe89fada22="Maljonic"]I wonder, do you think the box with the link in should be higher up so people can see it easier - perhaps above or below the shoutbox, or on the right above the who's online box?

I'm trying to figure out a way to show you who is in there without having to go inside by the way. :)[/quote:fe89fada22]

Maybe in the "Unseen Menu"?

Maybe just the number of people in there would be easier to accomodate screen space wise?
  9. Maljonic Administrator

It can't be put actually inside the unseen menu without altering the way it works; as it is now the box is only visible to members that are logged in.

I think it may be possible to only show numbers online in the same box, I'll go and investigate. :)
  10. queenynci New Member

Would it be possible to use the Who's Online list to see who is in the chat-room? maybe a symbol next to the name if they are.
    I know nothing about the technical side of computers, so apologies if this is a really stupid question!
  11. Maljonic Administrator

Don't think it can be put in there, but a who's chatting box is happening as we speak. :)
  12. Maljonic Administrator

Discworld Live Chat box now displays who is chatting live online, quite a few people at the moment by the way. :)
  13. QuothTheRaven New Member

Hey, It does't work.
    (for me any way)
  14. Maljonic Administrator

What do you mean it doesn't work, in what way?

Anyway, figured out how to change the room names, they can be easily altered in the future - I changed them to something more fitting with our theme, but we can call them anything we want if those names aren't any good.

Later I'll look into getting rid of the cencorship on swear words. :)
  15. Maljonic Administrator

The chat box has been moved up to the top right corner above the Discworld Fans Online box, not sure if new people would see it right down the bottom on the left? Can go pretty much anywhere though if we don't like it there. :)
  16. Garner Great God and Founding Father

looks good to me. could go directly under the shoutbox (it's the first thing i see on the page, since i read top down, left to right, and the thing moves.), but then it'd push the menu down below the line of site on 1024xwhatever resolution.
  17. Maljonic Administrator

Yeah, think it fits better where it is now; kind of symmetrical with the shout box opposite - though I don't like the colour of the 'chat' text now, it's more obvious when it's at the top. :)
  18. Tephlon Active Member

I like it there on the right side. Good call, mal.