Hogfather as Xmas TV

Discussion in 'THE DEATH BOOKS' started by JAK, Nov 17, 2006.

1. JAK Member

Can anybody tell me the dates and times when Hogfather will be shown on Sky this December?

Also I understand that 12 trailers (the 12 days of Hogwatch?) have been produced to show prior to the first showing. Any one know days and times for the showing of these?

We’ve not had a reason to watch Sky since Buffy and Angel finished and my dedication to Discworld is not enough to change the habit in the hope of catching the trailers, but would like to see them in case they don’t appear on the DVD
  2. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

:sigh: Would anyone feel like videoing them for those of us who don't have Sky? Then we could come and visit whoever videos them to watch them together.

Mini YorkCon, Mal & Marcia?
  3. Maljonic Administrator

We don't have Sky, just Freeview. I'll definately buy it on DVD though when it comes out.
  4. The_Red_Avenger New Member

Yes, it will be shown first on Sunday 17th December at 8.05
    The Second part will be on Monday 18th December at 8.00.

The Sky-One mini-site should be going live within the week also
    RA
  5. Tris New Member

Hooray! I needed to know that information too! :)
  6. Donald New Member

Chances of it showing in the States are very low I'm guessing? Is there a technologically advanged person out there with a TiVo, DVD burner, and a utter disreguard for copyright laws? Not for this of course, just wondering in general. I will get DVD when it shows on these shores in any event.
  7. peapod_j New Member

yes its on when where back from holiday. i was wored that it would be shown when we (my parents and I) where still on the cruse where going on at the end of the week. Im very happy now :)
  8. Maljonic Administrator

9. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Brilliant! Thanks, Mal
  10. TheJackal Member

11. TheJackal Member

SkyOne are showing MAKING OF HOGFATHER: THE WHOLE HOG tonight at 8pm.

That's in just over an hour so really looking forward to it!
  12. TheJackal Member

Did anyone watch the making of Hogfather last night?
    Most of what they showed was already up as clips on their website, so I was kind of disappointed. Anticipating a good show next week nonetheless.
  13. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I don't have Sky, otherwise I would have plugged in the telly for it.
  14. RebelwithoutaPause New Member

Well I was impressed with it.
    I wasnt sure about Death when I saw the trailers , just didnt look right, but he was only in the red outfit. Last night you saw him in his cowl and I felt it was a very good representation and made me realise the wrongness I felt seeing him as the hogfather was probably the desired effect.
    As for the voice well other than maybe throwing some special effects of somekind on it the best you can do is to get a classic actor with a distinguished deep voice to do it...and Ian Mkelland fits the bill as well as anyone.

Didnt see enough of the wizards so I cant comment on them.
    Teatime was a really good choice. I didnt recognise the actors name but once I saw him I recognised him from a few things including an episode of Dr Who (the one thats about the origin of plastic surgery women...cant remember her name or name of the episode...I know Im crap)
    Anyway, soon as I recognised him I wasnt sure as he normally plays cockney wide boy type of roles...but from the clips I saw he was suitably creepy/dangerous/enigmatic.
    David Jason...nuff said.
    Nigel Planar looked right in the role of Mr Sydney.
    The little bit of Deep Thought I saw looked good.

All in all Im looking even more forward to seeing the film!
  15. Maljonic Administrator

Well I'm looking forward to seeing it even more now after reading your description. :)
  16. Angua_rox New Member

Susan also looked good, she's an unknown, but they had the perfect blend of "goth and Mary Poppins", to quote!

Also, pTerry has a cameo, he plays the toymaker!

You got to see Susan riding a mechanical bull, which was pretty cool, but looked a bit stupid. However, the finished resulting clips looked great.
  17. Ozzer New Member

I hadn't seen anything on this yet, so I was thrilled to see all the stuff on the website. Susan is one of my favorite characters ever, but I think the girl they found is fantastic. Death, however, sounds like the narrator on the Disneyland Haunted Mansion ride. I kept waiting for a ghostly lady to say, "Hurry baaaack....be sure to bring your DEATH certificate!!!"

Maybe it was just me.

edit to add: just read on the imdb boards that his voice was changed for the web videos, so can't really comment on what it will be like in the movie. *grumble grumble* [i:ef27452492]have to wait for dvd [/i:ef27452492]*grumble grumble*
  18. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'm also really impressed with the girl they've got for Susan - she might actually make me like the character!