Jaunty Angles - what to do about him...

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Garner, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Oh...sorry. I didn't understand your point, i must be wearing my stupid hat. Yeah... that might help. If anyone wants to he's still on the HC board. You could probably PM him. I'm not sure if it's best just to have no contact with him and hope he forgets. but maybe explain things to him would be better.
  2. fairyliquid New Member

anyone else think we should talk to him, or ignore him and hope he goes away and forgets?
  3. Roman_K New Member

I dunno. I think it'll be a futile effort, really.
  4. Saccharissa Stitcher

Fairyliquid, if you want to contact him, it's fine by me. It's your funeral after all.
  5. Hsing Moderator

I voted for yes, for all the reasons already given on the HC board, as well as here.
  6. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Fairyliquid:

We do not go out of our way to establish outreach programs for problem posters. We strongly frown upon private actions by the individual that circumvent the will of the community. We are NOT Tonyland.

We do not need newbies like Jaunty.

We have tried countless times to advise jaunty on how to fit in.

More to the point, Jaunty himself has chosen how to approach us. His choices have always been bad.

I have to say, from what you've said about this situation, it truely sounds like you are utterly unaware of what's already transpired with this guy.
  7. Garner Great God and Founding Father

appearantly I crossposted a good bit, dunno how.

I want to reiterate this loud and clearly:

[b:d9cc111ebe]Until the community as a whole has dictated a change in policy, we do not sanction private and individual action to resolve conflicts with problem posters. Attempts to help someone fit in after the community has demonstrated it is clearly in favor of banning them outright can only be construed as an attempt to subvert and antagonize the community.[/b:d9cc111ebe]

in short: you can offer Jaunty any help you want for becoming a better person, but not to fit in on these boards after we've decided to ban him. [/b]
  8. Garner Great God and Founding Father

er. it has been suggested that i've misread something. that is quite possible. if fairyliquid just wants to make Jaunty feel better in the hopes he'll leave us alone, that's an altogether different matter.

in THAT case, i still advise against it, and i fully believe it will only be a waste of her time, but hell, go right ahead.
  9. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Ok, I think it's pretty obivous what the community thinks here. Lets say give it anoth 24hours then close the vote? (we'll need to sort out proper voting times, but we can do that in ther other thread)

That sound ok, seconds?
  10. fairyliquid New Member

alright, advice taken, i wont bother.
  11. Pepster New Member

Ban the little dag*. I've lost my patience in dealing with him long ago.

*10 point to whoever tells me what this means in australia. Spikey and the other aussies only get 5 though.
  12. Maljonic Administrator

[quote:8d303c47d3="Pepster"]Ban the little dag*. I've lost my patience in dealing with him long ago.

*10 point to whoever tells me what this means in australia. Spikey and the other aussies only get 5 though.[/quote:8d303c47d3]I've heard it dozens of times on soaps, I always assumed it meant uncool, old fashioned or a party poop or something like that - I'm guessing though, being Australian, it's origins are something far more derogatory? :)
  13. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:c0d67c1cf5="Pepster"]Ban the little dag*. I've lost my patience in dealing with him long ago.

*10 point to whoever tells me what this means in australia. Spikey and the other aussies only get 5 though.[/quote:c0d67c1cf5]

The errrr matted (dont ask by what!) hair near the rear end of a sheep?
  14. Garner Great God and Founding Father

good grief.

Okay, Personal suggestion:

after the vote goes into effect, can we please count this as a coventry and not even TALK about the guy again? I think he only wants attention of any sort, and it's time to starve him to death in that respect.
  15. Roman_K New Member

[quote:d9bbf5ebcc="Garner"]after the vote goes into effect, can we please count this as a coventry and not even TALK about the guy again? I think he only wants attention of any sort, and it's time to starve him to death in that respect.[/quote:d9bbf5ebcc]

I second that.
  16. Pepster New Member

[quote:772ab02178="sleepy_sarge"][quote:772ab02178="Pepster"]Ban the little dag*. I've lost my patience in dealing with him long ago.

*10 point to whoever tells me what this means in australia. Spikey and the other aussies only get 5 though.[/quote:772ab02178]

The errrr matted (dont ask by what!) hair near the rear end of a sheep?[/quote:772ab02178]
    10 out of 10.

This may aswell count as coventry.
  17. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I see there is one more no vote. They don't have to, but I would appreciate if whoever made it would say who they are, and, even better, tell us the reason why. Valid objections should be heard.
  18. Electric_Man Templar

At my last count we were also down one on who had voted for banning as well. So it'd be good if those two came forward.
  19. Hsing Moderator

He himself maybe, before his account got locked? (I don't know if that time schedule fits.)
  20. Maljonic Administrator

It's probably someone new from the old board that's joined here, doesn't make any difference really.

P.S. I meant one fo those three people still there. :)