Morts Scars in Mort and Soul Music

Discussion in 'THE DEATH BOOKS' started by peapod_j, Apr 13, 2006.

1. peapod_j New Member

i dont know if anybody else has noteced a incositancy between Mort and Soul Music. in Mort it says after Deth had hit him across the face he had 4 scars but in Soul Music when Susan goes back in time to talk to Deth she arives at the time Mort and Deth are having there fight and it says that "Three red marks burned on his cheek" so it confused me when i first read Soul Music so I had to check in Mort from my school libay. just wondering if any body else noted this.
  2. Pixel New Member

[quote:a1b97b506c="peapod_j"]i dont know if anybody else has noteced a incositancy between Mort and Soul Music. in Mort it says after Deth had hit him across the face he had 4 scars but in Soul Music when Susan goes back in time to talk to Deth she arives at the time Mort and Deth are having there fight and it says that "Three red marks burned on his cheek" so it confused me when i first read Soul Music so I had to check in Mort from my school libay. just wondering if any body else noted this.[/quote:a1b97b506c]

Since we can't blame [i:a1b97b506c]everything[/i:a1b97b506c] on Doors, then this one has to be blamed on the Trousers of Time - one leg where there are four scars and one leg where there are three!
  3. Dane New Member

you know I never noticed that, i shall have to check. Theres always the possibility that it was a printing error. The books may have been corrected now.
  4. mowgli New Member

How many scars does Susan have?
  5. Pixel New Member

[quote:5081eed2ce="mowgli"]How many scars does Susan have?[/quote:5081eed2ce]

The copy of Soul Music I have just finished (re)reading says three.

Edited to add:

While going through The Art of Discworld to check something for another thread (Greebo) I noticed that the pictures of Susan show three scars, but one group picture seems to show her with three, but Mort with four!
  6. peapod_j New Member

This realtes to my thery for everey genaration after Mort a scar is lost. Susan has 3 and so on and so forth for every genaration.
  7. drunkymonkey New Member

It just possibly might be a lapse of memory on PTerry's part.
  8. Katcal I Aten't French !

You mean... he's human ? :shock:

:D
  9. drunkymonkey New Member

[quote:dc5beb83a8="Katcal"]You mean... he's human ? :shock:

:D[/quote:dc5beb83a8]Unfortunately, possibly.