New post indicators

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Electric_Man, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Electric_Man Templar

I was just wondering if it's possible to disable the new post indicators for certain threads?

They are really helpful, but can be a bit annoying if there's a thread I don't want to read. Like the da Vinci code one that CJ made, I haven't read the book yet, and don't want to spoil it. So I don't want to read the thread, but the flashy thing calls me to it.

Any suggestions?
  2. Garner Great God and Founding Father

plenty, but none that'd be helpful at all.
  3. colonesque10 New Member

[quote:bf14f029fd="Garner"]plenty, but none that'd be helpful at all.[/quote:bf14f029fd]

LOL :D . Tell him anyway Clay, it's always nice to upset Ben. :)
  4. Electric_Man Templar

5. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ben can solve this problem with a topical application of ethanol and a lit match.
  6. Cynical_Youth New Member

You could open it, close your eyes and press backspace. New post indicator gone and you haven't seen anything.
  7. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

That's what I do on posts I don't want to read. I click on them and then press back before the page had even loaded.
  8. Electric_Man Templar

But.... effort!

Besides, considering my skinniness, blinking uses too many calories that I need!
  9. Maljonic Administrator

You can click 'Mark all topics read', that gets rid of all the red icons in that forum as if you read everything. :)
  10. Electric_Man Templar

I guess I could do that after having read the ones i want to read.

Although if it resets then I'll have to click i t again! My poor finger...
  11. Electric_Man Templar

Actually, I just tried that, and some threads remain red indicated!
  12. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Read all the threads!

Or Kill yourself.

If I where you I'd go the second option...probably a long time ago!
  13. colonesque10 New Member

[quote:3d96b46bed="Rincewind"]Read all the threads!

Or Kill yourself.

If I where you I'd go the second option...probably a long time ago![/quote:3d96b46bed]

I'd go for the third option that involved torture and a lot of screaming. It also involved transfering any cash into a Mr Sanchez Hernandez's account, aka me. :)