New post indicators

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Buzzfloyd, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I don't know if other people find it works differently, but the only time I get a new post indicator is at the forum level (rather than at the individual thread level), and then only if I haven't already visited that forum today. Can we have clear new post indicators for every time a thread contains a post we haven't seen yet?
  2. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

And another thing! The 'Find all posts by... [X Member]' function doesn't appear to work.
  3. Roman_K New Member

[quote:e73f41c7c3="Buzzfloyd"]And another thing! The 'Find all posts by... [X Member]' function doesn't appear to work.[/quote:e73f41c7c3]

Don't know about that one. Seems to work fine for me.
  4. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

It doesn't appear to work on your profile, Ben's or Ba's.
  5. Orrdos God

Yeah, the new post indicator doesn't work right for me either
  6. Maljonic Administrator

I think it might be the '_' in their name messing up the url.

Funny, I was just thinking the graphic for new messages aren't very clear, I was going to ask if we wanted to change them so it's clear where the new posts are, inside and outside the forums. :)
  7. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Please, please do! It's getting really annoying! It wasn't so bad when there was virtually no activity, but now this place is humming like a burning beehive! :shock:
  8. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Yeah, i'm so for changing them, I can never find a new post. :(

I love the new sad smilie. :( awww bless...poor fella.
  9. QuothTheRaven New Member

10. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i haven't gotten used to it yet, but i've tended to use the 'last post by' column to find the last one I made, and then check any interesting threads with more activity than that.
  11. Maljonic Administrator

Does anyone use the scrolling newest ten posts on the front page? I do all the time, check a post then click home then click another post with someone else's name attached. :)
  12. Cynical_Youth New Member

[quote:29a8f48c29="Maljonic"]Does anyone use the scrolling newest ten posts on the front page? I do all the time, check a post then click home then click another post with someone else's name attached. :)[/quote:29a8f48c29]

I do, it's very useful. Still the new post indicators are vital when you haven't been online all day.
  13. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i have, but not much. like i said, my gut approach to things is just to check the times of the last posts or look to see what's the last thread with the last post by me.

the scrolling thingie is neat, but is it possible to scroll it manually or is it just automatic?