Newbit intro suggestion

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Tephlon, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Tephlon Active Member

I think we've had at least 3 newbits register and post in the last 7 days.
    However, their introductions were all over the place.

Maybe we can sticky the introduction thread?
  2. Roman_K New Member

It's something to do, yes, but I wonder if it will do much good. After all, it's usually at the top of the page as it is.
  3. Electric_Man Templar

I think it's a good idea.
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:9c1d10bc3d="Roman_K"]It's something to do, yes, but I wonder if it will do much good. After all, it's usually at the top of the page as it is.[/quote:9c1d10bc3d]

Just for once, I'll agree with Roman...
  5. Tephlon Active Member

[quote:da055cf438="Roman_K"]It's something to do, yes, but I wonder if it will do much good. After all, it's usually at the top of the page as it is.[/quote:da055cf438]

Usually... yes, but I think the topic should be at the top of the page [u:da055cf438]always[/u:da055cf438].

I know when I come to a forum for the first time, I look for stickies... Because I know those are the important topics.

It's THE introduction thread, in THE introduction forum.
    It will also be the only sticky in this forum.

Edit: Just reread Roman's post. You're not against it, you're just questioning if it will do any good, right?

I think it will help a bit.
  6. Roman_K New Member

[quote:74ed6d2217="Tephlon"]edit: Just reread Roman's post. You're not against it, you're just questioning if it will do any good, right?

I think it will help a bit.[/quote:74ed6d2217]

Almost correct. I'm saying that it won't do [i:74ed6d2217]much[/i:74ed6d2217] good. It's a step in the right direction, but still a small one. It's the best we have, though.
  7. drunkymonkey New Member

What's wrong with a thread for every new user in the Introductions and Avatar Testing forum anyway? Surely if there was only one thread, it could fit in Boardania?
  8. Maljonic Administrator

It may as well be stickied, it's not a mandatory requirement to post in it but I think most people do once they see it. Also there's no reason why they shouldn't, and they do, make their own into thread in the intro forum.

Seems a funny discussion to have though, more the sort of thing you'd expect to go - 'Can we sticky the intro thread?' 'Yeah sure, why not? Done' :)
  9. Hsing Moderator

True. But well, we [i:285c37f5e6]are [/i:285c37f5e6]meticulous...
  10. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i blame roman.
  11. Tephlon Active Member

[quote:1bb5aa7ec2="Maljonic"]Seems a funny discussion to have though, more the sort of thing you'd expect to go - 'Can we sticky the intro thread?' 'Yeah sure, why not? Done' :)[/quote:1bb5aa7ec2]

That was what I was foolishly hoping for ;-)