Private Messages

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Buzzfloyd, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

It is blinking hard to notice when you have a new PM/Clacks unless, like me, you have enabled in your profile the option for a pop-up when you have a new PM.

Isn't is, Rinso and Hermia? ;)

Mal, would it mess up the boards to have some kind of indicator for PMs on every page, as we did on the old board?
  2. Hex New Member

I second this motion.

Some sort of noticeable, flashing indicator at the top of the page would be great.
  3. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I thought I had enabled the pop up window!
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

not sure how the PM popups work, but would things like Service Pack 2's popup blocker be a nusiance for that?
  5. Maljonic Administrator

You should be able to allow popups in specific sites, for exactly the reason that these type of sites use a pop-up box to notify you of PMs.

It would be a lot simpler if people just enabled pop-up PM notification; I haven't done it, but I always look to see if I have any new PMs or not when I first get here- and constantly switch between the front page and the forums. :)
  6. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I've had mine enabled from the start. No pop's for me. [insert Bob here.]
  7. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I had enabled mine just before making that post, but I can now say that it didn't work for me either. I've now changed my settings on Internet Explorer, but I haven't received a PM since then, so I don't know if it's worked.