Rincewind's Random Photo Thread!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Rincewind, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Remember to post them here for all to see. And look at with our greedy, greedy eyes.
  2. OmKranti Yogi Wench

3. Maljonic Administrator

Great pictures, I love the yellow train and that odd car-train-shed thing. :)
  4. OmKranti Yogi Wench

I do wonder what it is. There wasn't anyone around to ask at the time. Although there was a guy shoveling coal into the yellow train. What a great job.
  5. Maljonic Administrator

I put the yellow choo choo as my desktop picture, chooo chooo. :)
  6. Katcal I Aten't French !

Wow, what a shame my Dad has given up on having an internet connection, I could have asked him, as he's quite a train boffin... Some great pics Om, I love the bright yellow of those trees...
  7. KaptenKaries New Member

8. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Great pictures! I'm also making the yellow train my desktop, replacing the evil dwarf paladin from Goblins.
  9. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Grace's office coolness as just increased by 53%
  10. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I no longer work in an office, therefore my office coolness is 100%!
  11. Those are awesome pics, Om! I'm guessing you went south of Denver? (As far south as Wolfcreek?)
  12. Rincewind Number One Doorman

[IMG]

I realised I haven't posted in my own competition yet, Plaid, basically beat me to my idea, so i'm going to see if i can come up with come thing else...curse you plaid! :)
  13. sampanna New Member

I never did take any pictures for the contest .. still, here is one I took on a recent trip. This was on the way to a place called Harihareshwar .. while sitting in a small chai shop on the road.

[IMG]
  14. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Wow! What a lot of sky.
  15. drunkymonkey New Member

And not a cloud in sight.

See what I did there?
  16. Hsing Moderator

Hm... Not quite. Was Oct 29 Opposite Day?
  17. plaid New Member

i like to take random pictures while i'm driving.

[IMG]

don't tell me it's a dangerous habit.
  18. drunkymonkey New Member

It's a very, very safe habit. Yes.
  19. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Very pretty, Plaid.
  20. Faerie New Member

[IMG]

This was around one in the morning so there were no cars coming but "Hey lets go take pictures in the middle of the street just because we can." is pretty random.
  21. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

For some reason, I thought it was a runway at first!
  22. sampanna New Member

Why does the road have 4 lines running down the centre?
  23. Maljonic Administrator

I also thought it was a runway, because of the wierd road markings. :)

Is it where two roads join up or something?
  24. Faerie New Member

There is an island in the middle of the road with a clock in it and instead of painting one double line out from the center they painted two from either side, I'm not sure why. It makes more sense to me the other way.
  25. sampanna New Member

[IMG]

Bit of an old photo this .. don't think I put it up here before. The squirrel was fighting the snake .. so much for meekness.
  26. Katcal I Aten't French !

Meh, everyone knows squirrels are ruthless bastards. Great pic, Sam !
  27. Maljonic Administrator

Cool, it's not often you see a snake with a squirrel where I come from. :)
  28. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Wow! Rikkitikkitavi! ;)
  29. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Best Photo Ever!
  30. Rincewind Number One Doorman

[IMG]

Thought I'd had one. Taken on the launch of this years poppy appeal.
  31. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I like that, Rinso.
  32. Rincewind Number One Doorman

[IMG]

Took this on my lunch break yesterday. He was a right mental squrriel, running all over the place. He was wicked!
  33. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Is he related?
  34. TamyraMcG Active Member

35. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Some more Photo's I took.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I'm gutted I didn't focus properly on the second one.

Come on guys, I feel like i'm hogging this thread, post your pictures!
  36. Speaking of Mental Animals :lol: Here are mine!
    Shelby
    [IMG]
    Otis
    [IMG]
    Midnight
    [IMG] Sure, they look normal...
  37. Maljonic Administrator

I love those dogs and the cat! Also that first poppy picture is mint, you could probably put that on istockphotos.

Here's a willow tree, I think the sky and the water look great, but the tree itself looks a bit fuzzy:

[IMG]
  38. What a cool tree!! I think thats the largest Willow I have ever seen. Granted, there aren't very many Willow Trees in my Neck-o-the Woods, but that one just seems HUGE!
    Thats a neat picture Mal. :)
  39. Maljonic Administrator

I thought about using this pictures for the competition, which might have been a bit more relevant than the lightning conductor thing that I posted. I think I broke a competition rule by not having a picture specifically taken for the competition anyway, merely choosing one that I'd already taken a couple of weeks earlier. I only realised this the other day when I went back to read the first post.

[IMG]
  40. fairyliquid New Member

Some pretty cool pictures there...the poppy ones are good and the second one isn't too out of focus....just a little fuzzy....
    [IMG]

My contribution...this was taken on my last trip to Bali...
  41. Hsing Moderator

Well, keep doing so then! I've got a whole stock of pictures, I am just too lazy to put them online...
  42. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Loverly photos guys! Whats 'Istockphotos' mal?
  43. Maljonic Administrator

You lazy devil, you could have typed Istockphotos into Google and found out quicker than typing that.

Anyway it's a place you buy photos from for like a dollar each, mostly website owners that buy them I think, but also you can become a publisher and sell photos so you get some money everytime someone dowloads your pictures.

Stock Photography: Search Royalty Free Images & Photos | iStockphoto.com

You have to pass a little test before you can sell photos, just to make sure you know what a good picture is supposed to look like.
  44. Katcal I Aten't French !

Royalty Free Stock Photos at Fotolia.com is another one, I've submitted a few photos there and I have aready earned a grand total of... 3.54€ :D meh, what the hell, it's always nice to sell one, and even better to see them used in professional material...
  45. Hsing Moderator

46. Hsing Moderator

...and a few more recent ones from the weekend market in the city:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  47. Katcal I Aten't French !

Wow,some great pics there Hsing, were those taken with the compact or with the camera on wheels ?
  48. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

A friend of mine sent me this, so I'd thought I'd share a Hogswatch laugh...

[IMG]
  49. KaptenKaries New Member

Hsing, I love that picture with the tombstone, it's very beautiful. Is that a raven sitting there, or is it just a random black thingie? Hard to see what it is.
  50. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Ah...but then Only You and I, would know what it is. This way everyone who reads the thread can share in the knowledge. At no ones expense...except yours, of course.
  51. Hsing Moderator

They were all taken with an analog Minolta.

That's a blackbird.
    I found that a beautiful old tombstone, it's a family grave actually, and only when the foto was developed I realized that the kid buried there was about ten years old when it died.
  52. Katcal I Aten't French !

I just bumped into this one on flickr...

Duck !

[IMG]
  53. Maljonic Administrator

You are right.
  54. Angua_rox New Member

He always is.
    (In his head.)
  55. The view of my neighbor's yard on Saturday:

[IMG]
  56. mr_scrub New Member

What kind of tree is the one in the center?
  57. Angua_rox New Member

#knows nothing about trees#

Uhm, a palm tree? I dunno. . .
  58. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Oh goody, a competition?

Judging from the shape I'll say it looks like a Yucca.
  59. plaid New Member

yucca aren't trees, are they?

not that i'm any botanist. :p
  60. Maljonic Administrator

It's a great paicture somethingclever, there's so many kinds of whiteness it makes me wonder if those washing powder commercials were telling the truth all along. :)