Sex...

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Katcal, Feb 28, 2006.

1. drunkymonkey New Member

I'm not really bothered, but I guess it would be nice to know. It's not going to stop me treating everyone the same.
  2. janible New Member

I voted against disclosing gender, mostly because it shouldn't be that important. Not that everyone wants to know about everyone else, just for romantic reasons. Sometimes it can be simply a matter of looking for others with a common ground.

On the other hand, after reading all of the postings, I think I may understand the source of some of the more intense discussions. The poll implied, at first glance, to be a humorous question about sexuality. The first posting clarified that our opinion about gender icons was being asked.

Considering how much sexuality is thrown in our faces on other forums, I have to agree that the topic can end up being more of a nuisance than its worth. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean?*

I also can see how a member of the forum could have read the poll and assumed that revealing sexuality was allowed, as well as gender.
  3. KaptenKaries New Member

As far as I've understood, revealing your sexuality and gender is allowed.
  4. Roman_K New Member

When it's relevant to the discussion at hand, yes. For example, revealing your gender when introducing yourself is allowed. Revealing your sexuality when the topic at hand is sexuality is allowed. Revealing your sexuality just for kicks is attention seeking, on the other hand, and is frowned upon.

Simple, straightforward, and basic common sense.
  5. Garner Great God and Founding Father

allow me to demonstrate via some examples:

discussion amongst oldies: gay rights
    newbie: well, as a person who follows an alternative lifestyle, i've observed these thigns

this is an example where one's sexuality may be relevant to the topic at hand.

discussion amongst oldies: how much the who kick ass
    newbie: i like to fuck stuffed animals. my favorite is a six year old teddy bear. i haven't had it for six years, i just like to pretend it's a six year old.

this is an example where one's sexuality should never ever ever be admitted to openly, and the newbie in question should probably do the human race a favor and attempt to swallow their own body weight in phosphorus.
  6. Guest Guest

Just been reading this. If Sir G wants to say whether she is bi or not surely that is up to her. Anyway the issue was blown out of all proportionby Garner due to the amount he posted in response to those 3 words : " I am bi:" I thought this was a public forum not the personal fiefdom of a few to dictate what others can talk about.
  7. drunkymonkey New Member

[quote:2ff9bc2b0a="MyNameIsNobody"]Just been reading this. If Sir G wants to say whether she is bi or not surely that is up to her. Anyway the issue was blown out of all proportionby Garner due to the amount he posted in response to those 3 words : " I am bi:" I thought this was a public forum not the personal fiefdom of a few to dictate what others can talk about.[/quote:2ff9bc2b0a]Sir G is a he. He was waiting for someone to mistake him for a female. I guess this is his lucky day.
  8. Garner Great God and Founding Father

*sticks his tongue out at nobody*
  9. Orrdos God

[quote:08c68bdce2="MyNameIsNobody"]Just been reading this. If Sir G wants to say whether she is bi or not surely that is up to her. Anyway the issue was blown out of all proportionby Garner due to the amount he posted in response to those 3 words : " I am bi:" I thought this was a public forum not the personal fiefdom of a few to dictate what others can talk about.[/quote:08c68bdce2]

Ooooh, we've not had anyone like this in ages! It's like the old days again!

Ok, so, nobody! Have you been making tremendous social faux pas your whole life, or is it something you've been taking lessons in?

Like a class at the community center? "How to make an arse of yourself in public forums for beginners" or maybe "Social suicide: how to mange it in 3 easy steps"

I'm sure I'm being unfair though. It's probably a natural talent you've got there.

If only you could bottle your natural obnoxiousness! You could use it as a mosquito repellent or something!

Just think of the money you could be making, man! Natural insect repellent! People would be queing up for the stuff!

All you'd have to do is keep being yourself, and you'd have a limitless supply up until the point where you die!

Although, i suppose your body could then be ground down and turned into one last batch of "MOSQUITO-B-GONE"

Your estate could make a fortune on the last ever samples to be produced.

LIMITED EDITION they could call it. People would snap it up at inflated prices!

Man, it'd be great!

Still, you'll never get that since no one has come up with away of bottling obnoxiousness yet.

Damn you science! You can send a man to the moon, but you can't put negative personallity traits in a bottle.

Sigh.
  10. Garner Great God and Founding Father

now now, calm yourself you sheepfuck. or was it fucksheep?

for all we know, this nobody is just a teenager of questionable sexual orientation who has a big fucking chip on his or her shoulder. they're a nobody in real life, so they want to make sure no one forgets them online.

only, they're still a nobody. it's their name.
  11. Guest Guest

Ahhh, just like being back on the HC board. Cunts!!!
  12. Katcal I Aten't French !

Wow, Doors, that was amazing, but the flame contest is over now, you know... I'm quite amazed at the amount of feedback on this subject, all I was thinking of to start with was avoiding asking Sampanna what his future husband was like, and we end up with pages of debate on sexual orientation and who's hitting on who... :roll:

I think I stand somewhere between Garner and the amazinglyannoyingnobody, in that I honestly don't care if someone states their sexual orientation for no reason in a conversation, because it DOES tell me something about them, and that doesn't have much to do with their preferences, but more with their lack of personnality/conversation/tact. Doing it repeatedly is of course a pain in the rear, as is going on about being a vegetarian, or any (other) religious orientation when we're discussing the controversial subject of stamp collecting.
  13. Garner Great God and Founding Father

[quote:0782c817f2="MyNameIsNobody"]Ahhh, just like being back on the HC board. Cunts!!![/quote:0782c817f2]

Hmm, and yet... didn't you say this was your first time on a message board or forum?

Bye now.