Sticky Threads or an Official Thread List?

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Electric_Man, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Electric_Man Templar

Just been looking at the stickys on the Boardania Forum...

I can see the point of having them up there, they're threads that we don't want to have a thousand copycats of. However, once we have all the official threads up it will push all the active threads down somewhat. On the old board we had seven*, which didn't include the joke thread or the FAQ or the guide to everything written by Terry.

We will need the (eventual) FAQ stickied, and probably the guide too. I propose we have one other sticky for listing those 'official threads' or include it in the FAQ.

Alternatively, if we merge the discworld forums somewhat, we could have them stickied in that forum (or two), as they are generally discworld related (apart from the joke thread).

*Funny Bits, Fave Book, Fave Char, Worst Book, Worst Char, Movie Suggs and What Next?
  2. Garner Great God and Founding Father

*nod* that's what I was thinking, too E-man.

I also thought that, until we can sticky a listing of the official threads, we might as well put up some official threads themselves. or at least placeholders. Your joke thread had fallen to page two, and a new thread was made for a joke, so I lept in to take action, and as such have become america's greatest hero since the FEMA guy stepped down and got a meddal for it.

That's just how great I am.
  3. Maljonic Administrator

We can have our frequently asked questions linked to from the top of the boards, alongside 'Board Usage FAQ • Search • Memberlist • Profile • Albums • ' or underneath or whatever in bigger letters, as well as our Code of Conduct titled Please Read this First Before Posting or similar?
  4. Electric_Man Templar

Right, are there any objections to me creating the thread of threads?

I'll start by linking the Joke Thread and The Casting Thread, and then I can edit it to include anything else that should be included.

If there are no objections, I'll create it tomorrow, and it can be stickied in place of the threads that it contains.
  5. Delphine New Member

Sounds like a good idea to me. :idea:
  6. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Members news?

What book are you currently reading?

The film thread?

Or are these ok where they are?
  7. Electric_Man Templar

All are good ideas to be included...

Who are you and what have you done with Rinso?
  8. Electric_Man Templar

Right, added. I'm presuming it was you that did the stickying Rinso, so thanks.

Any comments on my wording of the descriptions or anything else?
  9. Maljonic Administrator

Actually it was me. :)
  10. Electric_Man Templar

Ok,

*snatches thanks back from Rinso, leaving him in a crying heap*

Thanks Mal!
  11. Rincewind Number One Doorman