The Last Continent:A Brief Word

Discussion in 'THE WIZARD BOOKS' started by DeWorde, Mar 26, 2006.

1. DeWorde New Member

Just had to post this.I was listening to the unabridged audiobook of T.L.C in the wee hours of this morning and the way Nigel Planer narrates and voices the scene at the God Of Evolutions cave and the wizards halting attempts at discribing S-E-X and the processes involved is hysterically funny!Check it out for yourself if you can get hold of a copy.Its all on side ten.I defy you not to laugh! :)
  2. Hsing Moderator

I thought ten was a bit early in the book... I found it on page 215 of my edition... :)
    "Do go on, Mister Stibbons", said the Archchancellor, "we're all ears. Especially the elephant."

Edit to add: I am just stupid and deprived of audion books. Side ten is presumably a CD site. I got it. *slaps head*
  3. DeWorde New Member

Good one hsing!I alluded to it being on side 10 of tape 5 my friend! Sorry for not making that clearer! :)
  4. Hsing Moderator

Well, the words "listening" and "audiobooks" would have been a hint to anyone else, but... me. :)
  5. TheJackal Member

I have the unabridged CD version. Does each side have 30 minutes? thus meaning the part I have to find is somewhere around 4 hours 30 to 5 hours?

Edit: Just found it; roughly 12 minutes into Part 11.
  6. kormaciek New Member

What was actually the plot of The Last continent all about? Chronologically, I mean?
  7. Ba Lord of the Pies

An, an, an whassit all about, really, when one gets down to it?

SPOILERS

It's like this. The wizards from the UU went back in time when they went through that portal. When they arrived at Fourecks, it was still in the construction phase. They got sealed away in a place where time wasn't really passing for thousands of years until Rincewind met them under the beer factory.
  8. Adondai New Member

Nigel Planner is the best discworld reader. its a pity he no longer does them. his reading of the last continent was so hilarious. Even when i read that book i find it 10 times as funny just because i can remember how planner had done the various accents and characters.