'The Truth'

Discussion in 'GODS, DESERTS, IMPS, LETTERS AND WAR' started by dylanthomastheatre, May 26, 2007.

1. dylanthomastheatre New Member

Swansea Little Theatre Company are bringing 'The Truth' to the stage.

In Ankh-Morpork, Discworld’s premier city, one man strives for The Truth. But as everybody knows, in newspapers a rumour can run around the world before the truth has even got its boots on. Join Swansea Little theatre as they once again bring to life Terry Pratchett’s crazy characters including werewolves, vampires and even a talking dog!!

A crime has occurred and William de Word, the disc’s first investigative reporter is determined to discover the truth. Now all he has to do is, determine what the crime actually was. Along with his dedicated staff he pits his wits against Watchmen, beggars, the mysterious Firm and an informant known only as Deep Bone. Can William put all the pieces together before the inevitable deadline? Join us to find out!

£7, £5 concession

Box office: 01792 473238
  2. Maljonic Administrator

I wouldn't mind seeing that if it wasn't so far away.
  3. mr_scrub New Member

i think this is spam
  4. Stercus Stercus New Member

Are you sure? It is Discworld related after all. It is in the wrong place thou. And I'm not happy cos I can't get to swansea.
  5. mr_scrub New Member

It looks like an adveritsing blurg like that Hogfather thing by god_of_lunchtime
  6. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

It is technically spam, but may yet be of interest to members.
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

Spam is only spam if it's repetitive and annoying. This being a one-off, so far, it's just a bit of well-aimed free publicity.
  8. dylanthomastheatre New Member

sorry if it has been put in the wrong place but no its not spam, its advertising a terry pratchett production which is happening soon. I will take the information off if needs be but i thought a production of 'The Truth' would interest fans of terry pratchett!
  9. mr_scrub New Member

Ah, sorry. We had a spammer called The_Khan for a while so i'm a bit wary of people who post stuff that looks like spam.
  10. dylanthomastheatre New Member

11. Pinkystupot New Member

When is it and where??????? id love to go
  12. dylanthomastheatre New Member

hi,
    it finished last sat sorry!! i did post the website link so that dates and where it was taking place could be viewed!
  13. Katcal I Aten't French !

How did it go ? Did you get plenty of laughs ? (in the right places and not because of forgotten lines and people falling over :biggrin:) Ah, I miss the theatre business...
  14. Pinkystupot New Member

i missed it???? aww damn! are yo performing another one next year or was that just a one-off?
  15. Hsing Moderator

Moved this one into the forum where it says "The Truth" in the forum title. Sorry if it's a bit late.
  16. Lucy_Tockley New Member

Hmm. I really need to re-read The Truth. I'd love to have seen it, but sadly an ocean crossing just isn't in the budget. I do wish there was enough of a market over here for a Discworld play to be profitable.