Things done to the site.

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Maljonic, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Maljonic Administrator

Thought I'd use this one thread to announce code related things and random site maintenance for those that are interested.

The links to the latest posts on the front page no longer scroll; this is because the scrolling method was using a HTML tag called 'Marquee' which is a none standard HTML code that only work properly for Internet Explorer. The 'Marquee' part of the code has been removed, which means it no longer scrolls up the screen, but also means that the block doesn't stretch right across the page for people using Netscape/Mozilla/Firebird and so on - meaning if you use these browsers you should notice that the page now fits the screen better and resizes in a way that it did not before. :)
  2. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

That sounds complicated! Well done, Mal.
  3. Tabatha New Member

Thanks for info Maljonic

If I can't do something today that I could do a few days ago now I know I havent broken anything :roll:
  4. Saccharissa Stitcher

I find the new front page much more convenient. Thank you Mal :)
  5. Maljonic Administrator

You can now view a complete history of Proclamation via the main menu on the front page, or by clicking History on the actual Shot Box, which is easier to read for those who have trouble with scrolling text. :)
  6. Maljonic Administrator

Restored the printer-friendly function in threads, it got removed when the forums were updated to the latest version about a month ago; I think someone pointed it out in the shout box a while ago, Saccharissa? :)
  7. Maljonic Administrator

After months of tracking down a fix, we can now 'view all posts' by people with slippery forked names such as Electric_Man, Cynical_Youth and Roman_K, which I for one am very pleased about as it was starting to bother me more and more every time somebody else joined with a split name - almost developed a twitch. :)
  8. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Heh. Thanks, Mal. :) In future, it will be much easier to persecute Roman after he mocks me for making typos.
  9. Roman_K New Member

[quote:67775867d8="Buzzfloyd"]Heh. Thanks, Mal. :) In future, it will be much easier to persecute Roman after he mocks me for making typos.[/quote:67775867d8]

Ah, Grace, but I merely have your well-being in mind! The occasional bout of insanity is good for you, it really is. Plus, it helps me improve my spelling and grammar, which is not to be sneezed at.