Your Birthdays

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Maljonic, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Maljonic Administrator

There is now a calendar where members can add their birthdays, and other events if they wish.

To add your birthday go the the calendar via the Unseen Menu on the front page and click Submit Event Info, or go directly there by clicking here: Submit Event Info Then type Your Name's Birthday (i.e. Maljonic's Birthday) for the title; leave the location blank; leave the description blank unless you want to put something in there; leave the start time as it is and make the duration 24 hours; the category is Birthdays, which is the default at the moment...

Leave the selector on One time event and enter the date of your birthday, for the year select 'All' right at the top (you have to scroll up a bit). Then hit submit event and you're done. It's been set to admin approval so it doesn't get filled with all kinds of spamming crap, which means your birthday wont show up right away. :)

P.S. If the above is too confusing, we decide not to let everyone submit their own details, or you just can't be arsed - you can add your birthday here and have it added for you.
  2. Tephlon Active Member

Added it myself.
    Pretty nifty, although not too userfriendly... :?
  3. Maljonic Administrator

It's not perfect I guess, but it is pretty cool; and a lot easier than having to update a single page all the time and searching through dates manually etc. I like that you can change the year and see what day your birthday is going to be on. :)
  4. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Mal, in other forums where I'm a member, there is a little thing next to the bit that says who's online etc, which tells you whose birthday it is today. Can we have that here?
  5. Maljonic Administrator

No, well yes, sort of... You can do a modification so that you have the option to enter your birthdate when you join, then have it displayed with the who's online bit, which is quite complicated really... or I think there might be a way to display events from the calendar we have now; and we can also click 'Calendar' in the menu and have a look. :)
  6. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I would prefer for the board to show birthdays automatically, because I'm likely to forget to look at the calendar. Plus, it's... you know... work!
  7. Maljonic Administrator

Okay, I'll look into it then. :)
  8. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Thanks, Mal. :)
  9. Maljonic Administrator

There is now a birthday box under the main menu on the left on the front page. All birthdays are in red, you can click on them to see whose it is. The blue number is today's date. :)
  10. Maljonic Administrator

I just added Rincewind's and Colonesque's birthday by the way. :)
  11. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

YAY! Thank you, Mal! :)
  12. fairyliquid New Member

yay, who doesn't love birthdays

happy 16 and a week to me :D