Abuse of moderator abilities.

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Garner, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Right... i realize this may have been a retarded game thing, but do NOT lock threads without checking with others, yes?

Do not MOVE threads without checking with others.

Do not, in short, do mod things without checking with others, yes?

Honestly...
  2. Delphine New Member

I personally thought that thread needed to be either locked or thrown into the Dungeon Dimensions anyway, because it was a completly pointless increase-postcount-here thread the equivalent of staring at a dripping tap. I also thought that Doors' post was a fine way of doing that.

But that was just my own personal opinion, and I suppose there should have been a public consensus for that, as there really should be for the use of [i:1f3eff9d70]any[/i:1f3eff9d70] of the mod abilities. So, naughty doors.

My opinion stretches into thinking that threads like that really shouldn't be encouraged, even in a forum like the Fools Guild. But I'll go to the relevant topic for that one.
  3. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Um, anyone mind explaing what happened?
  4. Maljonic Administrator

Doors did what you suggested as a joke, posted in the last post wins thread then locked it. :)
  5. Rincewind Number One Doorman

The bastard. Always stealing ideas. No wonder no-one loves him.
  6. Orrdos God

I locked a "wacky joke thread" as a... joke.

I'm not entirely sure it's a horrendous abuse of moderator power.

Nor am I sure it warranted a whole topic about it.

Jokes a joke. In the joke forum no less.

Also: rinso, I actually thought of doing it before I read your post :)
  7. Bob New Member

I'm mod on a few boards, and never heard of group modding, we just have rules, anyone breaks them, the post is edited / deleted by the first mod to see it.

In this case a topic was locked.. ..it can be unlocked.. No harm done.. It's not like deleting a sub-forum or anything, I'm sure the stocks aren't needed.

Mal's won now anyway :wink:

~B:wink:B~
  8. Garner Great God and Founding Father

well, we grew up without mods, and with one or two trolls who kept coming back time and time again in disguise to claim that we were autocratic dictators. (i thought the autocratic dictators were the ones who were supposed to commit voter fraud? not be victims of it!)

so, as a response to that, we've tried to act as democratic dictators. except for doors, who has issues, because no one loves him.
  9. Bob New Member

Is a troll a poster of no value, like "you suck" kinda stuff ?

~B:wink:B~