Baby Photos Competition II: The Cutening

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Buzzfloyd, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Huzzah! Courtesy of our good friend Katcal, the second Boardanian Baby Photos Competition can commence!

Click here to see the new baby photos, now 10% more hilarious! (Seriously, these pictures crack me up.)

Simply match up the photos to the list of board members and submit your answers to me via PM or email! (You could post them in the thread if you wanted, but other people could then nick your ideas.) For your convenience, the list of board members is given again below:

Adele (Andalusian)
    Doors
    Grace (Buzzfloyd)
    CJ
    Coppe (CY)
    Roman
    KK
    Maljonic
    Faerie
    Marcia
    Hsing
    Rinso
    Spiky

Edit to add: Please post to say if you've emailed me, because a lot of you get sent to my spam folder by mistake.

Edit 2: Numbering system for the photos is as follows:
    1 2 3
    4 5 6
    7 8 9
    10 11 12
  2. Hsing Moderator

I have mailed you! :)
  3. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

So far, of 4 people who have submitted guesses, 3 have the same score!
  4. spiky Bar Wench

And the 4th would be me again getting only 1 right... Oh the wooden spoon is so painful...
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

All depends where you stick it, girl :D

How long do we have to guess, Grace ?
  6. Andalusian New Member

7. jaccairn New Member

E-mailed you (once I found where that option was hidden)
  8. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

About a week, I suppose? Same as last time.

Jackie, I didn't see your email. Did you send it to hotmail or gmail?
  9. jaccairn New Member

I don't know. I used the option available when I clicked on your name to send an e-mail. It doesn't seem to say which address. I'll pm you instead.
  10. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Received, thank you!
  11. Katcal I Aten't French !

Grace for PM !

Err... a PM for Grace, that is... :D

By the way, it was pretty tough without the members' albums... Any chance of getting those back ?
  12. Rincewind Number One Doorman

i'll give you all a clue... i'm the most attractive baby.
  13. Electric_Man Templar

The fact that you find any of them attractive means you're a big (aka tiny), fat (aka anorexic) PAEDO
  14. Rincewind Number One Doorman

God, suddeny it's wrong to be a PEADO! Don't you ever get tired of judging people. Racist!
  15. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well, seeing as he only finds himself attractive, aren't we faced with a strange new version of the whole thing ? Auto-peado !
  16. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

'Auto-paedo' is a phrase I never wanted to hear, Katcal. Especially in the same context as Rinso.

And your answers have been received and processed! Rinso, where are yours, eh?
  17. Katcal I Aten't French !

Actually, it sounded funnier to me, as in French it would sound like orthopedist, and therefore be a lot less yucky...
  18. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

OK, I'm going to set a random deadline for final guesses of 7.30pm (GMT) on Wednesday.
  19. Delphine New Member

When I click on the link, the page appears only to have two photos on it. Odd.
  20. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

What, even when you refresh the page? That's weird.
  21. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I am delaying the deadline on this for the sake of Rinso, who hasn't managed to look at the photos yet. That gives an extra chance for anyone else to guess who hasn't already.

Ella, are you still having difficulty seeing the pictures? And is anyone else? If so, I could post them here in the thread, if that seems like a good idea.
  22. Mynona Member

I've PMed you my guesses... though you already knew that.
  23. Faerie New Member

I know I've got one right. I PMed you my guesses. I forgot about this competition and I almost missed it because I was in Tennessee for Spring Break.
  24. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'd like to give Ella a chance to guess, since it's not her fault she can't see the pictures, but we never seem to be online at the same time!
  25. Delphine New Member

I'll have a stab at it now! I think I've had my fair share of luck at this game though. This one appears to be harder.

I'll PM you in a mo :)
  26. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

27. Delphine New Member

Well, I say that. But, I can still only see two of the pictures. I did see all of them once, when the link was posted. I should have just guessed them then. Curse my laziness!

I don't know what's changed on my computer, because it seems to be only me suffering from it. But, the page loads up with two pictures, and that's it. Not even any of those little boxes with red X's. Perplexing.

So, I might have to pull out of this one, because I wont be online again until Monday night at the earliest. Thank you for waiting for me, but don't feel you have to put it off any longer. I'm sure everyone wants to know who gets spanked with the wooden spoon this time :)
  28. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Here are the photos, for Ella and anyone else who can't get them to show:

1)
    [IMG]

2)
    [IMG]

3)
    [IMG]

4)
    [IMG]
  29. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

5)
    [IMG]

6)
    [IMG]

7)
    [IMG]

8)
    [IMG]
  30. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

9)
    [IMG]

10)
    [IMG]

11)
    [IMG]

12)
    [IMG]
  31. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

32. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ummmm.... Up ? Any news on the answers ? Hmm ?
  33. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Sorry, guys! I have been up to here *gestures* with coursework, but my college course is finally over. I will update this thread with the answers as soon as I have caught up on the rest of the one and a half pages of stuff I need to read!
  34. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Only a few years later, the answers!

Here's a link to the photos, if you want to look at them again.

The babies, in order of appearance, are:

1. Faerie
    2. Coppe (CY)
    3. Doors
    4. Roman
    5. Mal
    6. Hsing
    7. Adele (Andalusian)
    8. Spiky
    9. Grace (Buzzfloyd)
    10. Marcia
    11. CJ
    12. KK
    13. [-]A goblin[/-] Rinso

The winning contestant was... Adele, with 10 points out of 13! Coppe, perhaps you could pass it on. The only ones she got wrong were CJ, KK and Rinso.

Second place goes to Coppe, with 8 points. I'm not awarding third place this time, because it would go jointly to five different people who all guessed different answers but still came out with the same number correct!

Every competition needs a Looooooooooooooooser! And this time, Jackie (Jaccairn) equalled last round's losing score of 1! (That one was Doors, this round's Second Most Guessable Baby.)

The scores were as follows, in order of success:

Adele - 10
    Coppe - 8
    CJ - 6
    Ben - 6
    Hsing - 6
    Doors - 6
    Lipi - 6
    Garner - 4
    Spiky - 4
    KK - 4
    Ella - 4
    Katcal - 3
    Mynona - 3
    Faerie - 3
    Rinso - 2
    Jackie - 1

This round, the Most Guessable Baby was not, to my surprise, Mal, but his lovely wife, Marcia, who was correctly identified by 11 out of 16 contestants! In fact, as stated, Doors was the Second Most Guessable Baby (10 out of 16), leaving Mal as Third Most Guessable (9 out of 16). I suppose it just goes to show that some people don't look at up-to-date photos of Boardanians very often!

The Least Guessable Baby this time was KK, who, aside from his own entry, was only correctly identified in Hsing's, apparently due to the 'Viking pose'! Well played, Hsing, well played... Baby Coppe was hard to guess, with only 3 entrants picking him out - and since one of them was Coppe himself and the other was Adele, Doors can give himself a pat on the back for his correct guess.

Just like last time, we had a group of Most Confusing Babies - the winner of this category had to be Faerie, who was more likely to be identified as Hsing or Grace than as herself. The next Most Confusing Baby was CJ, who was more likely to be identified as Mal or KK than himself. In a neat twist, KK was identified as CJ more often than he was identified as himself. Perhaps CJ and KK were swapped at birth. I think we should be told.

Baby Who Made Grace Laugh The Most was a close call, but Rinso just beats KK and Spiky to it - the Grubby Goblin outdoing the Imperial Command Baby and the Happy Christmas Baby.

Most Evil Baby is apparently me, receiving most comments about evil eyes and ability to levitate spoons off-camera, and comparisons to James Bond baddies and Mini-Me. Hmph. Marcia and CJ were also identified as Evil Babies, or at least Babies You Wouldn't Want Following You Home On A Dark Night.

Comment Most Likely To Prompt A Spin-off Competition came from CJ again, who began suggesting potential careers for the babies. Apparently, Baby Spiky is the unexpected pirate, while Baby CJ is running a crime syndicate, Baby KK is an action hero, while Baby Hsing is an opera singer.

If those who submitted photos this round could send me adult pictures, I'll ask Kat to put them up asap for comparison purposes.

Thanks very much to Katcal for hosting and to everyone who submitted a photo. Well done to Adele for winning, and sorry to have kept you all waiting for the answers!
  35. chrisjordan New Member

An opera singer or a connoisseur of fine arts, it was. :razz:
  36. Faerie New Member

My score wasn't as good this round. Not that my last score was all that great, it was only 2 higher.
  37. Hsing Moderator

Cool! Thanks for the quiz, and some interesting insights!

LOL! :biggrin: This must go onto my "Favourite Comics Or B-Movies That Were Never Created" - list. Although there are some Peter-Jackson-related flashbacks when it comes to Evil Babies...
  38. spiky Bar Wench

ARGGGHHHHH! My beanie is a sea dog...

It wasn't actually a santa hat but a rather lurid black blue and red number straight from bad fashions of the 70s. But a career as a pirate is good and means I've gone a long way in a short time :)
  39. KaptenKaries New Member

And I thought the Djurgården sweater would be a dead giveaway...

Thanks everyone for your submissions and Grace for organizing this, it's fun!
  40. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

You're welcome! It's fun for me too. :smile:
  41. Cynical_Youth New Member

Yep, thanks from both of us too, Grace. I passed it on to Adele! She was very pleased, and she said that she thought you didn't look evil at all as a baby (very cute, in fact!)

I'll send you two photos today.
  42. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

She's kinder than my own mother, who says my sisters and I all went through a stage of looking like overweight gerbils...
  43. Katcal I Aten't French !

Gerbils have tails...

Gee, only 3... Oh well. It was fun anyway, I'll be waiting for the recent pics...
  44. lipi New Member

Yay! I did well, as I was purely guessing... I thought I'd get about 2 answers correct at the most.

*Breaks open a bottle of... juice. Go me!
  45. jaccairn New Member

I think I should just give up guessing as I obviously have no eye for faces:smile:
  46. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Don't worry, Jackie, at least you didn't guess that Doors was me, unlike Rinso and Faerie. *glares* :wink:
  47. Orrdos God

Man!

I looked so non-evil!

Pah!
  48. Delphine New Member

4!

Go the me!! :)

and there there, Grace. The emotional scars will heal in time.
  49. Faerie New Member

Sorry about it Grace. :D I'm usually pretty good at guessing on multiple choice things.
  50. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

51. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Still waiting for adult photos from a lot of people...
  52. TamyraMcG Active Member

I am glad I didn't even try this time I probably would have gotten a zero! Well I might have gotten Marcia right, but I think I would have said that Rinso was Grace and .. oh dear. Well let's just say you are all the cutest babies in the world( I tell that to all the babies I meet)