BANANAS

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Orrdos, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Orrdos God

BANANAS.

Discuss.
  2. chrisjordan New Member

My banana is bigger than yours.
  3. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Chrisjordan has a big banana.
  4. Delphine New Member

Biogradable self-initializing packaging, self fertilizing yellow wonders.

How to describe the taste of a banana without using the word banana, that is the real question here.
  5. Orrdos God

CJ, your banana is green and bent. Very bent.
  6. chrisjordan New Member

You're wearing a '60s skirt. Shut your face.
  7. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Comedic falls can be attributed to the slippery banana peel.
  8. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Bannana is a Tomanian phrase for "Der Phooie, I humble apologize and eagerly await your correction."
  9. Hex New Member

Gwen stefani knows how to spell Bananas.
    It annoys me repeatedly.
  10. spiky Bar Wench

We had a hurricane that wiped out the banana crop earlier in the year so the price went from $3/kg to $20/kg. Babies everywhere are heard to complain very vocally that their mashed banana is costing so much and has been extended with glue.
  11. edster New Member

Bloody hurricane! Now im never going to get bananas cake
  12. Pixel New Member

Banananananas - mix them up with rum - then at least Nanny Ogg will be on your side!
  13. Katcal I Aten't French !

Bananas. Always choose the ones that come from the carribean, not from africa, they are all picked when still green, but because the african ones are flown to europe, they are force-ripened in warehouses and end up all floury, whereas the carribean ones come over by boat and ripen on the way.

Bananas are great in muffins. Mixing them with carrots makes wonderful moist muffins. Also, Banoffee pies are the most holy of all pies and should be worshipped. The toffee can be replaced with Nutella for a change.

Doors skirt is indeed ridiculously 60's...

Chrisjordan should know that with bananas, size doesn't matter, only the taste is important. In fact, the tiny frayssinette bananas are the best I have ever tasted.

Edit : and in the words of the great Marx* : Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

*Groucho, the philosopher, not that silly Karl guy.
  14. KaptenKaries New Member

I had a banana for breakfast yesterday.
  15. Perdita New Member

Perhaps I'm the only oldie here who will remember this Kids show from the 80's :shock:

BANANAMAN

This is 29 Acacia Road.
    And this is Eric, the schoolboy who leads an exciting double-life.
    For when Eric eats a banana, an amazing transformation occurs.
    Eric is Bananaman, ever alert for the call to action.

I used to love that cartoon!!

In other news: I am having banana sandwiches for my lunch today
  16. Electric_Man Templar

No way are you the only one, I'm sure a lot of people remember it. I not only watched the TV show, but read the comics about him in the Dandy

There were also Bananas in Pyjamas (TV show), but they weren't even a quarter as good as Bananaman.
  17. Katcal I Aten't French !

I loved that cartoon too ! In fact when I was still at school in England, my best friend and I wrote a whole episode of teenage mutant ninja bananas... it was soooo cool.
  18. Maljonic Administrator

Bananas make people happy because they are yellow like sunshine, shaped like a smile and are said to raise serotonin levels in the brain if you eat them.
  19. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Mmmmmm.....sarotonin.
  20. peapod_j New Member

i can rember Bananaman and Bananas in pagamas and thats quite scary (im only 18 ) but when my mum was in hospitle a few years back she had to eat 2 bananas with choclet morning and night.
  21. Rincewind Number One Doorman

[quote:47f44df6b7="Electric_Man"], I'm sure a lot of people remember it. I not only watched the TV show, but read the comics about him in the Dandy[/quote:47f44df6b7]

Geek. Your obcession with this 'Bananaman' sickens me.
  22. OmKranti Yogi Wench

"Bananas in pyjamas are coming down the stairs, bananas in pyjamas are chasing teddy bears."

I always thought that was kinda creepy.
  23. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:f6d325a6c8="Rincewind"][quote:f6d325a6c8="Electric_Man"], I'm sure a lot of people remember it. I not only watched the TV show, but read the comics about him in the Dandy[/quote:f6d325a6c8]

Geek. Your obcession with this 'Bananaman' sickens me.[/quote:f6d325a6c8]
    Bah, you're just jealous of his good looks. Bananaman, I mean, not Ben :D
  24. Angua_rox New Member

[quote:a63207ce96="OmKranti"]"Bananas in pyjamas are coming down the stairs, bananas in pyjamas are chasing teddy bears."

I always thought that was kinda creepy.[/quote:a63207ce96]

EXTREMELY CREEPY!!!!
  25. Electric_Man Templar

Sounds like someone's in denial...
  26. Katcal I Aten't French !

No, in France. But it's almost as bad :D
  27. randywine Member

[quote:ae5450ad73="edster"]Bloody hurricane! Now im never going to get bananas cake[/quote:ae5450ad73]

I feel your pain...a girl in my office used to make bannana bread then she left...no more bannana bread :( :(
  28. Faerie New Member

[quote:832c39000b="OmKranti"]"Bananas in pyjamas are coming down the stairs, bananas in pyjamas are chasing teddy bears."

I always thought that was kinda creepy.[/quote:832c39000b]

I always thought they were holding teddy bears, which would be less creepy.

I put peanut butter on my bananas, that's the only way I will eat them.
  29. TamyraMcG Active Member

I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches and I like dipping bananas in sunflowerseed kernels. It keeps me from getting as much hearburn.

Jon had a banana split at the Minnesoda Fountain to celebrate our anniversary, I had a "Loon" sundae with coffee ice cream, hot fudge sauce, whipped cream and a cherry. It was great.

My brother makes banana bread a lot. He does it to use up his black bananas, I used to do that but lately I just throw them away and try not to buy any more until I really want them again, but then I buy too many and don't eat them in time and then I contemplate making banana bread and then the bananas go from okay for bananabread to being toxic waste, and I throw them away and wait until I stop feeling guilty about them and then I buy too many and the cycle continues. At least I have stopped freezing smashed bananas in the hope that someday I will thaw them out and use them to make banana bread. Bananas with freezer burn are just yucky.
  30. spiky Bar Wench

My primary school used to freeze half bananas which you could buy for 5c. That was well yummy. (They had frozen orange peices to which was nearly as good).

Bananaman rocked! You can never be to obsessed with that show.
  31. OmKranti Yogi Wench

I would like a banana split right now.

When I was a kid there was a icecream treat called Knickerbocker Glory.

I remember it fondly. It did not include bananas though.
  32. Faerie New Member

A Knickerbocker Glory is mentioned in the first Harry Potter book I believe. I've never heard of it.
  33. Electric_Man Templar

34. OmKranti Yogi Wench

35. peapod_j New Member

i love knickerbocker Glorys. but banana splits are better
  36. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I don't really like icecream that much. I certainly couldn't eat a knickerbocker glory.
  37. Mynona Member

Ice-cream is yummy, bananas less so. They're just too sweet and goey.

And no one likes yellow, right?

That poor fruit (though I think it's a herb, really... or was that fish?) doesn't have a lot going for it, does it?
  38. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I love bananas, and yellow is my favourite colour. :)
  39. inwig New Member

Well having come from a banana republic I am embarrassed to admit that I am still confused about how many bananas make a hand.

I went off bananas despite their potassium, manganese and other good yellow skinned things the day I saw (I kid you not) a bacon, banana, and pineapple pizza.

Eeeeeuuw *spine shuddder*

inwig