Bend it like LA...

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

So, Becks is with some soccer team in Los Angeles now. this can only end badly...
  2. Electric_Man Templar

It's really not that surprising, he's gone to america to cash in at the end of his career and is denying that he's going to cash in. It'll end with MLS getting a brief profile raise, him getting a pile of cash, then all back to normal, i.e. 'soccer' being ignored in the USA. Just like when Pele did the same thing in the late 70s/early 80s.

To be honest, I don't really care that much about this story and I'm the resident football nut. Surprising to see something posted on here really...

edit: how could i forget to add that the real big football story of the week is Wycombe holding premiership champions to a draw in the cup semi-final first leg, 90 minutes away from cardiff now!
  3. Nester New Member

Speaking as an American sports fan, most of us find the whole deal amusing and maybe a little sad. Will we start watching soccer because David Beckham is here now? Who's he again? Oh yeah, the guy who married the spice girl......Bring on baseball season. :)
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

What some people won't do to have an excuse to move to LA. I pity the Beckhams, poor people. Well, not poor financially, obviously...
  5. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

David Beckham will be a great loss to English football... Nah! Just kiddin' :)