Boardonwealth Games: Tripodathlon

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Electric_Man, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Electric_Man Templar

The last event of the games!

As the name suggests, it's a combination of three events. The Mis-spellathon, the Discus and the Newbie Introduction. The rules are the same as described on those threads with the following alterations/additions:

[b:7f7439c158]Mis-spellathon:[/b:7f7439c158] The limit is 50 words, not 100. You can get a minus score (if you really screw up)

[b:7f7439c158]Discus:[/b:7f7439c158] You get 50 points if you hit the target, you lose one point for every metre you are away from the target, over OR under. You can get a minus score.

[b:7f7439c158]Newbie Introduction:[/b:7f7439c158] You get 50 points if you respond immediately, for every ten minutes that go by, you lose one point to a minimum of 0

[b:7f7439c158]Overall:[/b:7f7439c158] You should make one post with your entries for all three disciplines in that post. If you edit, the time for the newbie introduction will be taken from that edit time. If you double post, the second post counts. Therefore, you need to balance your speed in the Newbie Intro with composing a quality entry for the other events.

The winner is the person with the highest combined score across these events.

edit to add: You have 36 hours...
  2. Ba Lord of the Pies

Helo. Welcom tou tha bords. Thare ar rools wun muste folow. Dunt braek teh ruls, oor Bha wull bey forsed ta smyte thah nweb. Hee es vury godo att smitign. aB cann smate ae nube therty-saven wayys tu sundaiy. Nubody kan smtie licke Bu. Juste asc anny pyle uv ahses.
  3. Electric_Man Templar

Ba, you might want to re-read the rules on Introduction and make a guess for the discus...

I like the way you combined the welcome and misspellathon, although that isn't necessary, you can do them seperately.

edit: wait, there is a guess for the discus, silly me
  4. Cynical_Youth New Member

Welcom tooh teh boads.

Yu cehn faind tuh Coad ov Kondukt heah. Itt tellz yhu wot roolz und guidelines weeh woud laik yoo tou ceep inn maind az yooh poast hea. Foloh thum unt youh wil beeh faine. Allso, afoid freelee yoosing thu numbur fotee-three ut ahl kosts.
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

Whallkum tou da bordes, czek tha codde ove konduckt buttt pleaz dunt tayk morr dann twanty-sicx minnuts ta reede itt. Donnt lissen toou Baa, hissa smighty godde, orr dorrs cozz hee sux. Iff yah reqayar ai zpoun, assk Rinzzo, buth dun menshan hiz biirde.

(Edited to re-misspell.)
  6. Electric_Man Templar

[quote:bd4d7d6f7a="Electric_Man"]Ba, you might want to re-read the rules on Introduction[/quote:bd4d7d6f7a]

Ditto Katcal for the misspellathon

edit: added last three words
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

What bit of the rules didn't I get ?
  8. Electric_Man Templar

[quote:73a542cda5="Katcal"]What bit of the rules didn't I get ?[/quote:73a542cda5]

You edited as I posted... you're fine now.
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ok, perfekt then... (damn, misspelling is hardde ta stoppe)
  10. Electric_Man Templar

Well, I never said you were perfect... :p
  11. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well there's no need to is there, everyone knows that... :cooler: Well, anyone who knows anything about anything, that is.
  12. Electric_Man Templar

Keep the entries coming, you may not get as many points on the Introduction part, but you could easily pull that back with the luck of the Discus.
  13. Katcal I Aten't French !

**gags the carrot and hides it in a cupboard** no, people, please don't participate, I like winning dead easy things :D
  14. Electric_Man Templar

[dice:fe9536e795]d100 = 1156349801 [/dice:fe9536e795]
  15. Electric_Man Templar

The results are in.

In the mis-spellathon, Ba got a perfect 50, CY got 47 and Katcal got 43

In the Newbie Introduction, Ba and CY got 47 and Katcal got 45

In the Discus, Ba got 46, CY got 40 and Katcal got 43

Therefore, the gold goes to:

[size=18:2087a4bafd]Ba![/size:2087a4bafd]

[b:2087a4bafd]Cynical_Youth[/b:2087a4bafd] gets the silver and

[b:2087a4bafd]Katcal[/b:2087a4bafd] gets the bronze
  16. Garner Great God and Founding Father