Bush and Blair - unplugged

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by sampanna, Jul 18, 2006.

1. sampanna New Member

2. Roman_K New Member

They're talking about Kofi Annan, I think. How he thinks just setting up a cease-fire would make everything fine and dandy.

As for Bashar Assad (Bashid? interesting), they have a point. A school-kid kind of point, but still a point.

I found this rather amusing, myself. Especially the way Bush talks. He actually sounds okay when he's not making a speech.

Blair is nothing short of hilarious, though. :D
  3. Katcal I Aten't French !

What cracked me up was this :

[quote:79eb09080a="George W. Bush, age 11,"]Yo Blair, how are you doing? [/quote:79eb09080a]
  4. Roman_K New Member

[quote:0b1faa8929="Katcal"]What cracked me up was this :

[quote:0b1faa8929="George W. Bush, age 11,"]Yo Blair, how are you doing? [/quote:0b1faa8929][/quote:0b1faa8929]

Hey, *I* talk like that! As does Garner. And lots of other people. This is still very funny coming from Bush, though. ;)
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well I talk like that too, to friends, but not to most colleagues, and especially not fellow-heads-of-state...

What ? :D
  6. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Is this for real? They didn't really seem to say that much to me.
  7. sampanna New Member

It is for real, and they don't really say all that much. I'm just entertained by the way heads of state speak.
  8. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Yes, it's quite surprising when they talk like normal people, yeah? I'm still waiting to see the spin on Bush saying a "dirty word".
  9. chrisjordan New Member

Brad, Brad, Brad. Everyone knows politicians aren't real people. They're cyborg aliens. Cyborg aliens don't say 'Yo.' It's an affront to common decency.
  10. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:4dad320340="chrisjordan"]Brad, Brad, Brad. Everyone knows politicians aren't real people. They're cyborg aliens. Cyborg aliens don't say 'Yo.' It's an affront to common decency.[/quote:4dad320340]
    Well maybe their copy of the Hitch hikers' guide to the galaxy hasn't been updated since the 1990's...
  11. spiky Bar Wench

George W. could always be thinking that going for the try-hard 80s gansta look would impress Blair (who wouldn't know any better)...

Besides Clay doesn't say 'Yo'... well I never heard him say yo. Grace has Garner ever said 'Yo bitch get your arse in the kitchen and cook me some pie'? I mean and lived to tell the tale...
  12. OmKranti Yogi Wench

That was funny! Blair stutters alot, very English. The contrast is great.
  13. Garner Great God and Founding Father

[quote:864a8562b7="spiky"]George W. could always be thinking that going for the try-hard 80s gansta look would impress Blair (who wouldn't know any better)...

Besides Clay doesn't say 'Yo'... well I never heard him say yo. Grace has Garner ever said 'Yo bitch get your arse in the kitchen and cook me some pie'? I mean and lived to tell the tale...[/quote:864a8562b7]

yes, but she didn't understand what i said through my cartman impression.
  14. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I know a lot of people who say "Yo". This is mostly because the people I know enjoy using outdated slang in an ironic sort of way, to the extent that an outsider (probably a non-Brit) may well not realise it was ironic.

Clay often says, "Yo bitch!" to me, but I find it funny.

I couldn't comment on Dubya's use of the word.
  15. Garner Great God and Founding Father

it's outdated?! whatchu talkin bout, willis!
  16. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

You need to get down with the kids, dude. Word up. Radical!
  17. Garner Great God and Founding Father

tubular... marvy... totally man, like, far freakin out.
  18. Bradthewonderllama New Member

'Yo' is still acceptable Philadelphian. Even I catch myself occasionally yelling "Hey, Yo!" accross the street if I have to get someone's attention.
  19. Garner Great God and Founding Father

uncouth yanqui. a polite person would shout 'yo, pardon me!'
  20. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Philadelphia is noted for it's food and history, not it's couthiness.
  21. spiky Bar Wench

Notes the Brad and Clay are old and out-dated. Must remember to buy more up-to-date models soon before they become incompatible with existing linguistics...
  22. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:c5a1e69344="Bradthewonderllama"]Philadelphia is noted for it's food and history, not it's couthiness.[/quote:c5a1e69344]
    I thought it was only famous for cream cheese and AIDS...
  23. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

They have a liberty bell too. And some men signed a bit of paper there once.
  24. Bradthewonderllama New Member

And we had an old letch invent electricity!
  25. spiky Bar Wench

[quote:0d235927f4="Bradthewonderllama"]And we had an old letch invent electricity![/quote:0d235927f4]

By tying a bunch of cats together and rubbing an amber rod over them... The dirty old man.
  26. Rincewind Number One Doorman

:lol:

At a number of comments in this thread, which ones? YOU DECIDE!
  27. Katcal I Aten't French !

You lazy monkey you...