By way of introduction

Discussion in 'INTRODUCTIONS AND AVATAR TESTING' started by John, Dec 17, 2006.

1. John New Member

Hope I get this right.
    Thanks Mynona for the ideas on how to start. I´m male, 59 years OLD :lol: and I live happily in Spain having retired from the night watch...
    As regards to a decent movie from the Pratchett pen.... I hope to see tonight as Hogfather is on Sky one....... I have been an avid Terry Pratchett fan since I was introduced to his books by my sons about 20 years ago. Who says you can`t teach an old dog new tricks eh?
    I chose my Avatar as I´m elderly there-fore slightly wise. (Especially as I`m even older than Terry ) and I need glasses to read. I wish I was clever enough to think a better name than John but that is my birth name....... :)
    I´m also known to sing and get paid for it....... I think I would make a great assistant for the librarian as I once spent quite a while living in the jungles of Borneo and may have met some of his fore-fathers. ;)
  2. Maljonic Administrator

Hello John, you are a bit older than me but I don't think you are the oldest person here. :)
  3. KaptenKaries New Member

4. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Hello John and welcome, I hope you don't live too near the place where all the UK villians seem to retire to otherwise you might have to come back out of retirement :lol:
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

KK, have you ever considered therapy ? :D

Hello John, welcome to the boards !
  6. KaptenKaries New Member

I would if I didn't know all of you would make fun of me.

I'll just hide my blood red dreams and impulses behind this mask of sanity and hope there is, somewhere, a place where the manically obsessed can quietly live their last ten years amongst their peers and free from frustration and anxiety can truly come to grips with the meaning of life.

Perhaps this place is not far from where John is now living.
  7. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Hi John! Welcome to Boardania! :)
  8. hi John welcome to the board!