Christmas Cards

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Electric_Man, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Electric_Man Templar

Well as Hsing has started the Secret Santa, I thought we should do something less secret and a bit cheaper, but almost as fun!

Christmas cards, well we did it last year, so it isn't as much of my idea as the previous sentence made it sound, but it's still a good idea.

So what you need to do is register your interest in this thread, then I'll pair you with someone else to exchange a card. You are, of course, free to exchange cards with anybody else, but you have to send one to the person I pair you with... or the Doormen will piss in not only your shoes, but your family's shoes, your friends' shoes and your car.

To start the ball rolling... I'll be a part of it!
  2. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Oh....your part of it...well...um... I promised I'd send all my christmas cards to....um....someone not ben....Jesus? Oh, and Hilter.
  3. OmKranti Yogi Wench

I'm in, although I must warn you that my cards this year will not be of the same calibur of last years cards. (they were cool, weren't they?)
  4. sampanna New Member

I'm in too.
    Also, any cards I send are always cool :)
  5. Hsing Moderator

I'm in, too.
  6. Toaf New Member

I am in! The person on the other end shall get a surely hand-made and probably drawn-with-a-stick card.
  7. mowgli New Member

:) In. I'll poke a monkey with a pitchfork until it draws me something.
  8. Saccharissa Stitcher

I'm in. Please let me know promptly, it's not every day I get to visit places with card shops
  9. spiky Bar Wench

I'm in. I shall send a surprise card (its always surprising when they turn up*)

*Sick, lame humour is what I have been reduced to. I feel so ashamed.
  10. lipi New Member

I'm in also. And I have no idea what the cards will be like.
  11. Electric_Man Templar

I'll do some proto-pairings on friday. People are still welcome to join the fun after that though.
  12. colonesque10 New Member

[quote:2065789a36="mowgli"]:) In. I'll poke a monkey with a pitchfork until it draws me something.[/quote:2065789a36]

And here's me thinking Rinso was the only one who poked monkeys from the board. :shock:

I'm in.

Om, your cards were cool last year but not as cool as mine is going to be this year. I may even deliver it by personal carrier pigeon if I get chance. :)
  13. Electric_Man Templar

Right, initial pairings, as there is an odd number so far I've removed myself.

Toaf - Colonesque
    Sampanna - Rincewind
    Om - Spiky
    Lipi - Saccharissa
    Hsing - Mowgli

I think you all know the score, PM each other to gain addresses, then send the card! Simple, I bet even the doormen can do it.

Anyone else is still free to join in and be paired later, I need someone to be paired with *sniff*
  14. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Attempts to PM Samps

Keyboard catches fire

actually, it's harder than you'd think.
  15. fairyliquid New Member

well I'd love to join in...I'm not overly bothered about sending abroad (I don't think I have much of a choice anyway :p)
  16. Electric_Man Templar

Anyone else wishing to join in?
  17. Hermia New Member

Yes! Me! I'll join in!

I ordered my Christmas cards and, when they came through today, there was one extra. I've double-checked my order and I definitely didn't ask for it, so I need someone to send it to!

Anywhere in the world's cool, but I don't know how much longer it'll be until it's too late.
  18. fairyliquid New Member

eek, I forgot about this. SOrry, its a little late to send to me now (I'm going to Canada soon so there isn't enough time)
    ah well, next year maybe...
  19. Electric_Man Templar

[quote:5a156af131="Hermia"]Yes! Me! I'll join in!

I ordered my Christmas cards and, when they came through today, there was one extra. I've double-checked my order and I definitely didn't ask for it, so I need someone to send it to!

Anywhere in the world's cool, but I don't know how much longer it'll be until it's too late.[/quote:5a156af131]

If you're still in, you get the dubious honour of being paired with me!
  20. Hsing Moderator

If anyone other than Mowgli wants a card from Germany, PM me! :)
  21. sampanna New Member

[quote:bde7364498="Rincewind"]Attempts to PM Samps

Keyboard catches fire

actually, it's harder than you'd think.[/quote:bde7364498]

Liar! I know I've been busy lately, but I never got no PM, so there :p
  22. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Have you checked your other purse?
  23. sampanna New Member

Damn, msn running on a different machine. Busted!
  24. koshu New Member

hi is it far to late to join. Im on holiday here in Englandat the moment so I could send it somone here and it should arrive on time
    :)
  25. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Jeeze, I forgot about this. Crap.

*goes to PM Spikey and appologise for previous PM*
  26. mowgli New Member

Wee - just got a sparkley card from Hsing! Danke, Hsing :)
  27. Electric_Man Templar

Well, I know I've left this a bit late, but did everyone get their cards?

I got mine from Hermia and she received mine, Mowgli got hers so that's at least 25%...

Have the rest of you been good boys and girls?
  28. OmKranti Yogi Wench

I got yours Ben, it was very cute. I also sent one to Spikey. Did you get it spikey?

I also sent one to Rinso. Did you get it Rinso?
  29. Hsing Moderator

I got EM's as well as Mowgli's, as they know. :D
    EM's looked like a Inuit guest apperaing in a tripod strip.
    Mowgli's was a piece of art.
    I could scan both.
    But not today.