Christmas present suggestion thread

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Rincewind, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Rincewind Number One Doorman

So 2000 years ago some kid was born in a shed and now we all have spend money in december. Or something.

I'm already stuck for presents. I'm looking for presents which are quite fun, I believe that you should get gifts that you can use on the day. About £10-£15 is the amount I can spend. (This stentance read weird becuase i wanted to say budget- but i'm not sure how to spell it, i read that word as bud-get)

Anyways, add your gifts here and we can have a helpful gift thread. I suggest going to www.threadless.com and buying some loverly t-shirts it has a sale for another ten days so you can pick some up for only $10!

I take a medium if anyone wants to buy me one, which i'm sure you all do.
  2. jarmara New Member

Well, I bought my Pirate-obsessed friend a skull and crossbones flag off ebay yesterday... only a £5 and free postage.

Other than that, try Iwantoneofthose.com which is full of fabby weird stuff like these -
    http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/spa-lights/index.html

which I got for my sister! Oh, and weebl and bob do toys now too :)

Incidentally, that kid got born around Easter time actually, they just kidnapped a festival that already existed :lol:
  3. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

4. Hsing Moderator

Weebl and Bob-toys!

Also, if it's meant to be more personal, buy a pocket calendar (I can never get enough of all papery stuff) and personalize it. Add one poem for every week, or a few sentences on a memorable day, or dates that person might find interesting but keeps forgetting (your birthday, the open air festival schedule, etc), add a few pics, and voila.

Elderly relatives? Photos of the younger family members. For example, make pictures of your small cousin for your Grandaunt or something.

Or... a theater ticket.

Or... gift certificates over 1x car washing, 1x hot soup, 1x lawnmowing, 1x an hour of babysitting...
  5. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Whatever you do, don't buy sented candles.