Comic Relief/Red Nose Day 2007

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by missy, Feb 13, 2007.

1. missy New Member

Well it's that time again. Every two years we get to help out.

Ideas would be good.

I vote sponsored Silence. Would have to be a Saturday or Sunday so i can still go to work.
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

----
  3. Katcal I Aten't French !

By the way, when is red nose day ?
  4. missy New Member

16 of March Kat.
  5. Victimov8 New Member

I don't have a clue personally - but a 24-hour silence wouldn't be too difficult...

Especially as I'm normally pretty quiet... :thumbsup:
  6. missy New Member

I just ordered the fund raising DVD.

http://www.rednoseday.com/

Looks like a cool site. The DVD is only £1.99 and you can use your phone to get it.

Bargain.
  7. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

A 24 hour silence would probably have to be held on individually selected days, as we all work at different times and hours.
  8. Bradthewonderllama New Member

How would funds get to Comic Relief? Wouold we ask our sponsors todonate directly?
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

I don't really see how a 24 hour silence would work, I mean who's there to watch you ? I can understand it if we were able to be in the same place and watch each other, like at school or in the same company...

I'm not sure I would get much here, the French don't understand sponsored fund raising events... Well, for them, sponsored means getting a company to give you money to do sports, basically... :(
  10. Katcal I Aten't French !

There's a way of getting people we know to donate online via apersonal fundraising page, we could do a group one and promote it to family and friends...
  11. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

That looks like just the job.

There has to be something we could do online as a community to raise funds.
  12. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well what about my book idea ? it could be something else, if it was a bit earlier in the year, a calendar could have been a good idea... The point was that a) people get something for their money, and b) you can buy from anywhere worldwide. There are places like cafepress that do the same thing with t-shirts and other gift thingies, but I think their deliveries are less widespread... Also, something like that could go on all year-round, they don't just need the money one day per year.
  13. Hsing Moderator

Just tell me what to do, I'm with anything. (The concept, though, is foreign over here too - or was until recently.)