Competition - So you think you're a Pratchett Fan?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Joculator, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Well, it's Christmas eve and I'm bored so I thought I'd post a little game for you all.
    It's really easy, just identify 10 of Terry's books from the iconographs. Sorry, but I've cropped them a little to make it a bit harder. They are all from the UK paperback editions. No multi-choice here, just straight answers.
    I gather bikkits seem to be the preferred currency among most members so I might be persuaded to put up a packet of the chocolate coated variety as a prize. :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Powered by: Doteasy - Bannerless Free Web Hosting and Email for Small Business and Individual

Powered by: Doteasy - Bannerless Free Web Hosting and Email for Small Business and Individual

I'll post the answers in a couple of days, about the 27th.
    Yuletide Greetings to everyone. :drinkers:

Edited: Oooops...I didn't put competition in the title.
  2. wow. i think i can do some so here goes (feel free to shout at the computer if you know i'm wrong lol.

1 - The Light Fantastic

2 - Soul Music

3 - Moving pictures

4 - Reaper Man

5 - Witches abroad

6 - Small Gods

7 - Interesting Times

8 - (i know i've seen it but i can't remember which book!)

the rest i have no idea. i'll probably kick myself wen the answers are posted
  3. chrisjordan New Member

Hm. I could only guess about half of these...

1) Colour of Magic

2) Soul Music

3) Moving Pictures

4)

5) Witches Abroad

6)

7) The Light Fantastic

8)

9)

10) Pyramids?

I blame the fact that I own trilogy volumes.
  4. Hsing Moderator

1) Interesting times perhaps?
    2) Soul Music - clearly. Giveaway guitar.
    3) Moving Pictures - also, note camera.
    4) Reaper Man - sure thing - the little girl that does or doesn't die at the end gets her head stroked by "Bill Door".
    5) Witches Abroad? Greebo was more of a sidekick in the other books.
    6) Small Gods - the turtle thingie...
    7) ...dwarf? barbarian? It's either an airborne Cohen (The Light Fantastic) or the mad dwarf on his vehicle from The Last Continent, but I have to miss out.
    8) Mort - note horsee, and the scythe, and even Josh Kirby couldn't turn Susan into *this*, so its Death-Susan.
    9) Sourcery... must be Conina.
    10) Scantily clad woman... Black clad guy... Pyramids.
  5. Rincewind Number One Doorman

1) Interesting times
    2)
    Soul Music
    3)
    Moving Pictures
    4)
    Reaper Man -
    5) Witches Abroad
    6)
    Small Gods - ..
    7)
    The Light Fantastic
    8) Mort
    9)
    Sourcery
    10) Pyrminds

Easy.
  6. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I just went through and ended up with exactly the same list as Rinso just posted.
  7. drunkymonkey New Member

Heh, I know a few of them, but my first 10 Discworld novels were all of the rather fetching black paperback variety.
  8. TamyraMcG Active Member

This is just so unfair, I'd do the same with the US covers but they are either totally misleading or really really obvious. The ones I own are mostly the rereleases and are the obvious sort.
  9. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Awww. You guys are just too good!
    Here are the answers for those people who maybe don't have a full set of the books...yet!

1 - Interesting Times
    2 - Soul Music
    3 - Moving Pictures
    4 - Reaper Man
    5 - Witches Abroad
    6 - Small Gods
    7 - Light Fantastic
    8 - Mort
    9 - Sourcery
    10 - Pyramids

What a great idea, DM. I'll post 10 black squares next time for owners of the UU Library editions :)

Brainboxes with 10 points were Hsing, Rincewind and Buzzfloyd
    Cricketer's boxes were warning_i_have_a_blanket and chrisjordan with 5 points.
  10. Dane New Member

cool, I know most of these! I've impressed myself. although my recent history of tests would suggest that I'm confident about the answers but ultimately get them wrong :cry: but I'll have a go.

1. Interesting Times

2. Soul Music

3. Moving Pictures

4. Reaper Man

5. (not sure about this one) Lords and Ladies

6. Small Gods

7. The Light Fantastic

8. Mort

9. Sourcery

10. (again I'm not sure) Witches Abroad

Final Question, do the spellings have to be corect?
  11. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Well done Dane... 8 correct despite the fact I posted the answers a day early.
    Must've been due to all the seasonal Whiksey (Alrightee! I know it's whiskey before everyone complains of typos.)
    And the good news is... I still have another 5 bottles to go before New Year
  12. chrisjordan New Member

Well, you know... not everybody can have the skill we have. 8)
  13. drunkymonkey New Member

[quote:45366a00ba="Joculator"]Awww. You guys are just too good!
    Here are the answers for those people who maybe don't have a full set of the books...yet!

1 - Interesting Times
    2 - Soul Music
    3 - Moving Pictures
    4 - Reaper Man
    5 - Witches Abroad
    6 - Small Gods
    7 - Light Fantastic
    8 - Mort
    9 - Sourcery
    10 - Pyramids

[quote:45366a00ba="drunkymonkey"]Heh, I know a few of them, but my first 10 Discworld novels were all of the rather fetching black paperback variety.[/quote:45366a00ba]
    What a great idea, DM. I'll post 10 black squares next time for owners of the UU Library editions :)

[color=green:45366a00ba]Brainboxes with 10 points were[/color:45366a00ba] Hsing, Rincewind and Buzzfloyd
    [color=olive:45366a00ba]Cricketer's boxes were[/color:45366a00ba] warning_i_have_a_blanket and chrisjordan with 5 points.[/quote:45366a00ba]

Yeah. I bet I'll get all those answers dead easy like.
  14. Dane New Member

ok just like to explain that, id clicked the thread and read the posts stopping at the last one, posted my answers then read your post joculator. I clicked to edit it and found to my dispair that i had reached my download limit! Ouch, my parents weren't happy and neither was i, i still havn't watched the latest episode of red vs. blue

but i didn't do too badly. :badgrin: