Crazy nasty mad type person on Fox News

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Maljonic, May 6, 2006.

1. Maljonic Administrator

2. Orrdos God

Lol, that was amazing. I loved how the 2 newsreader guys just ripped right into her.

But yeah, she's a fucking cunt of a woman
  3. chrisjordan New Member

See, I was expecting to feel angry watching this, but it's just so... ha. Wrath of God, dudes. Wrath of God.
  4. drunkymonkey New Member

That sucks. Really, it does.
  5. mowgli New Member

yeah, the lady is a nutter. Shame about the kids present at those demonstrations... hopefully they'll grow up to be gay pagans. Or even gay Christians. Or even straight anythings, just as long as they have an open mind.

I thought it was cool that the newsreporters smacked her down, but I wish they'd have let her finish speaking first. Otherwise, it looked set-up: they invite this woman to an interview, only to keep interrupting her. I mean, yeah, it's obvious that she's nuts, but if you're going to bother interviewing someone, aren't you supposed to let them speak?*

* this, of course, is a relatively rational point of view. If, on the other hand, I ever faced her in person, I'd probably stop thinking rationally very quickly. And ripped her head off.
  6. Saccharissa Stitcher

She is several sparks short of a twinkle. True. But Hannity and Colmes have a lot of gutzpah going out and ripping her off not only because [i:56a5c1905a]they[/i:56a5c1905a] invited her, but also for being speakers of hate themselves.

I'm sure jon Stewart has made a segment on her, go watch him, at least he is an equal opportunity disser and he only rips people off on what they have said=calls them on their BS.
  7. Roman_K New Member

It seems that they invited her just to look good while tearing into her. I mean, that woman looks like she's on medication. Or should be, at least. While I'm sure it got good ratings, it's not what I would call good reporting.

Funny, yes.
  8. Garner Great God and Founding Father

these guys had some kid with a blog about how stupid america was and how he was glad that soldiers in iraq were getting killed on to do the same thing to him a year ago.

it's hardly new. they just find the freak du jour (the kid at the time looked like a cross between edgar winters and marilyn manson) who's either zealous enough or desperate enough for 15 minutes of fame, and then rip them to shreads for being unpatriotic.

nothing about fox news can be considered good reporting. they offer a 'fair and balanced view', remember? which is why bush's latest press secretary was chosen from their ranks. because they're balanced, and he's a balancer.

now, far be it from me to ever side with the godhatesfags nutjobs, and yes that woman's eyes act as a warning beacon not to get near her, but i find that show to be nothing more than a modern day hybrid of circus side show exhibits and roman gladitorial games, thinly masking political propoganda.
  9. Roman_K New Member

I found the smile to be far more disturbing.

As for 'fair and balanced view', the average viewer can only get a truly 'fair and balanced view' if he watches or reads from at least two news sources, preferably with each one being of an opposite political view.

Between what what the one hides and the other overblows, one can construct a fairly accurate picture of events.
  10. Pixel New Member

To be fair, she does have the right to hold and express her religious beliefs, however much anyone else may disagree with her - in America it is even enshrined in:

"I - Freedom of Speech, Press, Religion and Petition
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." The First Amendment to the American Constitution.

The interviewers on the show have the same rights.

However, two points struck me during that clip - there is a definite lack of empathy in people who would cause that sort of disruption at funerals - what sort of god are they following? - and neither side in the argument was listening to the other - they were just trying to outshout each other - sorry Mowgli, but it wasn't one-sided - both sides were equally guilty.

Edited for spelling
  11. Electric_Man Templar

It's one of those things where neither party looks good. Although, from my point of view, it's the reporters that come off worse.

I feel sorry for the woman, from the sound of her story, she seems to have been brought up by a father (or someone in the family) who has isolated her from other parts of society and taught her "The One True Way". Considering there are about 100 of them, 80% family, it seems that within the family unit they have been (for lack of a better word) brainwashed into this point of view and not allowed to question it.

The Fox people, however, seem to be at least more broadly educated and know that this woman will just rant and rave if they apply the right pressure and that will make the reporters look rational as they are arguing against this nutjob.

Given the reputation of Fox News, I would also presume that it's partly a deflection strategy. They are pro-war, presumably the people who are anti-war will be upset by the people being killed in an unnecessary conflict and see each death as another reason why the war shouldn't be going on. Fox News are upset by the deaths, but they are a regretful necessity in the fighting of a just cause. It seems to me (cue speculation mode) that they are partially trying to associate some of the attitudes of the nutjobs onto the anti-war faction.

Either way, they've brought this woman on purely to attack her. Which is, well, mean. [/understatement]
  12. Bradthewonderllama New Member

My connection is too slow to load the video. Is this the Westboro Baptist Church being spoken of?
  13. Maljonic Administrator

Yes it is.
  14. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Ah yes, the geniuses behind godhatesfags.com They threatened to protest the funeral of Brian Wright, the solider from my company who was killed over here. One of our guys was home on leave during that time. He would have gotten himself into a lot of trouble if they actually showed up (they only show up at a fraction of the places that they say they will boycott). I mean, he was planning on bringing a firearm to the funeral. And, apparently, there is a biker group that goes around and does counter protests at troop funerals.

I wonder if there is a group that counter protests when they show up to homosexual funerals?
  15. Bradthewonderllama New Member

PS. Such a shame. So much hate :-( Thankfully it's a very small group of people. Mostly interrelated.
  16. mowgli New Member

According to this video, the Iowa governor seemed to have the right idea - ban ALL disorderly conduct (I'm guessing carrying inflammatory signs counts as disorderly conduct) within 500 feet of a funeral, thus chasing out both the protesters and counter-protesters.

I mean, I'm glad there ARE counter-protesters but let them square off somewhere other than a funeral... For the sake of families in queston.

Is 500 feet a lot, distance-wise? Like, is it far enough so that you can't read the signs OR hear the shouting, if those nutters decide to shout?
  17. Ba Lord of the Pies

One should feel sorry for her. She was raised by a horrifically abusive man. Ba can think of few people worse than Fred Phelps. He makes Ba nauseous, and that should be a pretty clear warning indicator.
  18. TheJackal Member

Oh my God, can't believe how much much they gave out to her! News reporters are always forced to be nice, even if you can tell that they think someone is crazy! Brilliant stuff altogether!
  19. Garner Great God and Founding Father

*edges away from Jackal*

no sudden movements... no sudden movements...
  20. mowgli New Member

just looked up Fred Phelps Sr. on wikipedia...

gadzooks!!! :( (even if the stuff I read is only partially true, or true entirely but exaggerated...)

According to the article, his wife tried to escape him one time, but no one in her extended family had room in their homes for both her AND her then-10 kids! Gotta wonder - if she had succeeded in getting away from her husband, would that have prevented the whole "church" thing from forming in the first place.
  21. spiky Bar Wench

Well with a church that is filled with that kind of family... the only hope is that it continues to be nothing but inter-related and brreds down to nothing.

I don't think she comes off looking that good. I don't feel sympathy. She had plenty of time to talk, she wouldn't answer direct questions, and if someone turned up at my door saying "your evil, you don't follow god, you should be dead" I'm likely to tell them to at least F**k off! and at most try to say well if I'm so evil and you hate me for it, doesn't that make you a sinner because god's says love those that have wronged you... (not that I ever wronged her personally but it seems breathing is an abomination in their book so there's very little chance I could not do wrong)...

Frankly, this is why the rest of the world thinks that America is entirely populated by small-minded, extremist crackpots.
  22. Ba Lord of the Pies

It should be noted that they're not actually inbred. The children each go off and find someone else whom they can marry and initiate into the cult, and then have a dozen or so children. They're also all expected to become lawyers, so they can sue in the family name.
  23. spiky Bar Wench

[quote:6db367cf61="Ba"]It should be noted that they're not actually inbred. The children each go off and find someone else whom they can marry and initiate into the cult, and then have a dozen or so children. They're also all expected to become lawyers, so they can sue in the family name.[/quote:6db367cf61]

OK now I'm truely terrified. Stop it Ba you're scaring me :shock:
  24. Katcal I Aten't French !

You mean you weren't scared before that ?

Yikes, there are some crazy fucked-up people out there... :shock:
  25. redneck New Member

From what I've heard about the motorcycle group is that they position themselves a good distance away from the funeral proceedings so that even if the protesters show up they will not be able to disrupt the funeral.

In other news, if there was a just God, he would strike them dead for what they are proclaiming in his name.
  26. Garner Great God and Founding Father

if there's any sort of god, he probably just weeps at it all. i suspect even an omniscient/omnipotent being would be at a bit of a loss at how to fix humanity.