dates

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by KaptenKaries, Apr 19, 2006.

1. KaptenKaries New Member

In less than a month the time and date will be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, using European standards for date notation.

Early the 4th of May, when the clock strikes 01:02:03, time and date will together form an ascending scale from 1 to 6, in other words time 01:02:03 and date 04/05/06.
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

You know what, my husband and I have seats 07 and 08 on train number 0910 that leaves exactly that day at that time from platform 11.

No, just kidding. :D
  3. Hsing Moderator

It would be cool, though. You could keep the ticket. And later sell it on ebay. There is nothing that doesn't sell on ebay.
  4. Maljonic Administrator

[quote:f870429691="Hsing"]There is nothing that doesn't sell on ebay.[/quote:f870429691]I bet you could sell Nothing on ebay too, some people will buy anything. :)
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

**stares at the rubber duck sitting on her desk** Wipe that stupid smirk off your face you stupid duck, or I'll sell you on ebay !!!!! <= 5, yes... 5
  6. QuothTheRaven New Member

The 4th of May is my birthday. Seriously, if you do not believe me, you can look it up on the birthday calander on the main page.
  7. spiky Bar Wench

When I was born their was a big thing in the paper about how I was born on the 8th of the 8th 78, weighing 8 pounds 8.

Apparently that makes me special. I don't get it.
  8. KaptenKaries New Member

[quote:b7b759a528="spiky"]When I was born their was a big thing in the paper about how I was born on the 8th of the 8th 78, weighing 8 pounds 8.

Apparently that makes me special. I don't get it.[/quote:b7b759a528]

Lucky you're not ten years younger, or you would have smelt of octarine.
  9. sampanna New Member

[quote:e6750a4f4b="spiky"]When I was born their was a big thing in the paper about how I was born on the 8th of the 8th 78, weighing 8 pounds 8.

Apparently that makes me special. I don't get it.[/quote:e6750a4f4b]

Tis the dreaded number.
    Octavo anyone? :)

Edit: Isn't 8th of 8th of 8th a sourcerer? Not exactly the same pattern though.
  10. Katcal I Aten't French !

Make sure you have an awesome birthday in 2008 is all I say ! You're magic, spiky ! ;)
  11. Ba Lord of the Pies

Nah. It's her birthday in 2066 that'll be really lucky.
  12. Katcal I Aten't French !

Don't you mean 2088 ?
  13. KaptenKaries New Member

He means the year when Spiky will be 88 years old. Sorry if you were being ironic, Kat.
  14. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:c3a8f7ee84="KaptenKaries"]He means the year when Spiky will be 88 years old. Sorry if you were being ironic, Kat.[/quote:c3a8f7ee84]
    I meant that not only will it be 8/8/88, but that she will also be incredibly lucky to be 110 ;)
  15. KaptenKaries New Member

16. Pixel New Member

[quote:47129a31d7="Katcal"][quote:47129a31d7="KaptenKaries"]He means the year when Spiky will be 88 years old. Sorry if you were being ironic, Kat.[/quote:47129a31d7]
    I meant that not only will it be 8/8/88, but that she will also be incredibly lucky to be 110 ;)[/quote:47129a31d7]

On that timescale she may not have to be lucky, given possible advances in medical research in geriatrics - unless governments start clamping down on said research because of too many pensioners being supported by too few tax-payers - I have already read about suggestions in Britain to raise the retirement age from 65 to 67, so the government is already worried about the problem.
  17. spiky Bar Wench

Well its good to see that speculation on the meaning of my birthday has turned into speculation on when I'll die ;) Personally, I don't want to be kicking on till 110, I'd rather get to a ripe old age get one big illness that kills me off. I don't want to be kept alive with serious illnesses just for the sake of keeping me alive...

Anyway, the number 8 has yet to prove to have any luck value (+ve or -ve) for me in all these years. The one upside is that I have an easy to say birth date for those times when people ask :)
  18. Twoflower New Member

I've got this feeling that something strange will happen on the 6/6/06.... lol
  19. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:50f84916e5="spiky"]Well its good to see that speculation on the meaning of my birthday has turned into speculation on when I'll die ;) [/quote:50f84916e5]
    Oh no, spiky, we know you'll never die, we were speculating on how long you will live, which is quite different... ;)

Pixel, medical progress is one thing, but it doesn't stop you getting squished by freak meorite strikes, pirates attacking your cruiseboat or other more common accidents, but luck does, so it obviously has a part in how long a person will live.
  20. Perdita New Member

[quote:9ec89e5b36="Twoflower"]I've got this feeling that something strange will happen on the 6/6/06.... lol[/quote:9ec89e5b36]

Apart from the new Omen Film being released I don't there's anything else ;)
  21. Hsing Moderator

:D

...that and a lot of marriages, I guess.
  22. Katcal I Aten't French !

Nah, it's a tuesday, nothing special [b:9b4365c648]ever [/b:9b4365c648]happens on tuesdays.
  23. KaptenKaries New Member

My birthday this year is a Tuesday.
  24. Katcal I Aten't French !

I rest my case :D
  25. Perdita New Member

It falls on a Tuesday Kapten? - I am so Jealous.

Mines only on boring old Thursday. :?
  26. Katcal I Aten't French !

Mine's on a Friday... :cooler: Friday rocks... :D
  27. Twoflower New Member

Yay! My birthday this year is on a saturday!