Decisions, Decisions

Discussion in 'NON PRATCHETT BOOK DISCUSSIONS' started by Hex, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Hex New Member

Okay, so I'm moving into my Residence Hall on Thursday and even though University is only a 20 minute drive away I won't have a car.
    So I need to bring some comfort reads with me. You know, as an English major and as someone who likes to read when she's bored or lonely.

So I've gathered a few books, both Pratchett and Non-Pratchett, and am not sure which other books to bring.
    So far I have:
    Hogfather
    Soul Music
    The Princess Bride
    Lord of the Rings
    and the Dictionary.

Which other Pratchett Books should I bring? I feel I should bring more than two, but I don't know how much room I'll have until I get there.

So yes, I own most Discworld books, so any suggestions as to what to have in my dorm room would be most appreciated.
  2. randywine Member

I would have to have Jingo and The Crow Road by Iain Banks.

R.
  3. allthatjazz New Member

Haha I am undergoing the same awful decision making process. So far I decided to bring my Outlander series, East of Eden, my Harry Potter collection, and maybe some Shakespeare (not that I'd read it, but it would really make me look smart). Haha and maybe Douglas Adams and a copy of Gone With the Wind (actually maybe not, because i have the movie, and the prospects of watching that movie is enough Scarlet for anyone). As for Discworld, my house only has one copy and its pretty beat, so I think I'm going to try to buy my own set, over time...but I think I'll take Theif of Time with me, it being a personal favorite and not in too awful shape.
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

What a terrible thing to have to do !! :shock:

On a personal note, the one book I would take as a comfort read, to add to your list, Hex, would have to be Good Omens. An I'll second allthatjazz on the Douglas Adams too ;)
  5. fairyliquid New Member

I think I'm going to run into that problem in a few years time when all I'll have is a suitcase and a one-way ticket.

I would carry one of the witches books as well...so you have a few from the little mini series. Wyrd Sisters maybe. I would also agree with Katcal...GOod Omens is a good choice.

In fact...they all are.

Good luck with the choice...I know I couldn't make it!
  6. Angua_rox New Member

That is a TERRIBLE choice to have to make.
    Absolutely terrible.
    Good luck with it!!

I'd also say go for books that you haven't read in a while.
  7. jaccairn New Member

You're close enough that you'll be able to change them when you do go home, even if it's only once or twice a term.
    I like Men at Arms to read and Sunshine by Robin McKinley