Discussion Name Final Voting

Discussion in 'POLLS AND ELECTIONS' started by Maljonic, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Maljonic Administrator

I think we should give this a bit of time for people to vote, at least a week or more, wonder when Doors gets back? Personally I like them all, but I think I will go for The Mended Drum simply because every Discworld fan should know that one from the very first books, and public houses are generally meeting places to talk about all kinds of nonsense. :)
  2. Ba Lord of the Pies

Boardania uber alles!
  3. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Even though I suggested several of the above, I think Boardania, as our standing culture, is probably the best way to go - it makes it clear that it's distinct from the DW stuff.
  4. Tonyblack Guest

I would agree with Buzzfloyd and Ba there - Boardania is the logical choice.
  5. Tephlon Active Member

I agree, the actual Boardania is in the Discworld Novels part of the HC site. Therefore, the continuation of this would be here.

We could opt for "New Boardania" or "the Boardanian Republic" although I suspect it would revert back to Boardania pretty quickly... :)
  6. Orrdos God

Anything but boardania. I rue the day that I invented that name.
  7. Maljonic Administrator

So far it looks like you may be continuing to rue for a while longer, the name Boardania will follow you for eternity anyway. :)
  8. Maljonic Administrator

Okay, it is Boardania for now, only because it has more votes though and I thought we needed to see what the whole setup would look like. :)
  9. Pixel New Member

I've voted for the Mended Drum, because it is a "location" where general discussion is more likely - "Boardania" is more related to the ongoing pseudo-world of gods, monkeys, badgers, sporks (thunder or otherwise), doormen, pies and various other things - maybe those two categories should be split - we could have Boardania plus whatever people felt was right for a discussion thread.
  10. Maljonic Administrator

I had thought of calling the whole forum list Boardania, I mean the bit where it says Discworld Discussions; I don't think we need to put Boardania into another forum though. :)
  11. Cat New Member

[quote:d99bf72797="Pixel"]I've voted for the Mended Drum, because it is a "location" where general discussion is more likely - "Boardania" is more related to the ongoing pseudo-world of gods, monkeys, badgers, sporks (thunder or otherwise), doormen, pies and various other things - maybe those two categories should be split - we could have Boardania plus whatever people felt was right for a discussion thread.[/quote:d99bf72797]

I think Boardania and the general discussions are intertwined. You couldn't seperate the two. I think Mals's suggestion is best: Boardania is made up of the things you mentioned Pixel, but it also (and maybe for the most part) lives through the discussions everyone has on various subjects.