Discworld Convention 2006

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by JasonHelstrip, Apr 5, 2006.

1. JasonHelstrip New Member

[color=blue:e8ecb56e4d][/color:e8ecb56e4d][size=12:e8ecb56e4d][/size:e8ecb56e4d][b:e8ecb56e4d]Is ani 1 is going to 2006's convention in august I am i cant wait it looks like loads of fun im slowly but surely witteling my way throught the books. Im going next year as moist so i will have a golden suit yay :eek: [/b:e8ecb56e4d]
  2. spiky Bar Wench

Oh-my-god.
  3. Victimov8 New Member

I doubt it - now

Please feel free to check out our Code of Conduct, it is quite readable...

Ta-ta
  4. KaptenKaries New Member

[quote:2f57c79df2]Is ani 1 is going to 2006's convention in august I am i cant wait it looks like loads of fun[/quote:2f57c79df2]
    First, a poetic statement about this year's convo, containing both a beautiful abbreviation, "ani", which actually has the same number of characters as the original word, and also an apostrophe correctly placed in "2006's".

[quote:2f57c79df2]im slowly but surely witteling my way throught the books.[/quote:2f57c79df2]
    Secondly, a little sidestep with some personal information. Extra points for using a full stop there. Nice counterpoint leaving out the apostrophe in "im" this time. And "witteling" is a nice word. Not sure what it means, but I'm sure it means something.

[quote:2f57c79df2]Im going next year as moist so i will have a golden suit yay[/quote:2f57c79df2]

And finally, a statement about next year's convo, to confuse the reader.

Brilliant!
  5. spiky Bar Wench

Well analysed Kapten, it is a true masterpiece of its type. I'm thinking of having it framed and hung in my office.
  6. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yep, I agree, it should be hung.

Especially for taunting people about going to the Con, when people can't go because people are too broke.
  7. spiky Bar Wench

pffft, try being on the other side of the world... brokes nothing.
  8. Garner Great God and Founding Father

well, since anything else i could say has already been said...

i'm definately not going. i think Victim went to one in 2004 or 2005, but not sure.
  9. Guest Guest

pffft I would love to go to one, but only one that isn't anywhere near a Robbie Williams concert, the travel times (so i've been told) were murder that day!

Perhaps the Golden Suit would be a bit over the top though! you already sound like an arse, so why look like one aswell?

As Victim said......Please read the board code.
  10. lord_vimes001 New Member

Now now. Don't be too hard on the lad. It's clear he grew up in the Shades, and has probably been attending the Literarcy Program offered there. Unfortunately, Carrot has been teaching these Wednesday evening sessions, as the last four volunteers before he took over were murdered. --That's my guess, anyway.
  11. TheJackal Member

Still haven't decided if I'm going to the Con. I was at the last one (2004) and it was great. Sterling conversion from Euro is shite though.

Also, myself and some friends are planning on 3 weeks of travelling through Europe starting the end of August.

We've decided to fly to half of the cities, since the thought of only InterRailing & spending hours on end on trains doesn't apppeal+ there are cheap flights available. Haven't made up my mind whether to call it "InterPlaning" or InterAirporting".

Cities on the list include Paris, Florence, Rome (+Vatican City), Prague, Bratislva, Budapest, Vienna.

Should cost around 1,500-2,000 Euro so need a good summer job. Exams finish May 19 which leaves loads of time to earn the money, but a good paying job is the key.
  12. drunkymonkey New Member

Where abouts is it?
  13. Guest Guest

I have been reliably informed it might be in Leicester, Not too sure of which hotel but i'm sure its gonna be an expensive one......
  14. TheJackal Member

It's on in the Hinckley Island Hotel, Hinckley, Leicestershire, England. Aug 18th-21st, 2006.

Here is the Conventionwebsitefor it