DMC 06 II - Julycon!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

To give CJ and Mynona a chance to attend, the next DMC will be tentatively scheduled for 'July', to take place in Amsterdam or surrounding environs.

Who's on board at this early point?

I can go ahead and sign up myself and Buzzfloyd.
  2. Pixel New Member

Finances permitting (i.e. if I get a job or my brother gets our parents' wills through probate) I'm up for it - even though my last job had me spending more time in Amsterdam than I really wanted - those cyclists are [i:ae314a096b]lethal![/i:ae314a096b]
  3. Victimov8 New Member

Time permitting, I should be good to go
  4. Maljonic Administrator

I'm up for it so far.
  5. Electric_Man Templar

I currently see no barriers preventing my participation.
  6. Katcal I Aten't French !

Hmmm... Have car, have driver, have holidays... Depending on the having money and health to travel, I may just seize this opportunity to finally visit Amsterdam... If you guys don't mind an annoying lil' newbit shoving in... :roll:
  7. Hsing Moderator

I might show up, if I'm not too broke at the time!

I've seen none of you in real life so far except Spiky...
  8. Orrdos God

I'm out.

Also, it does seem a bit much to expect CJ to go all the way to amsterdam...
  9. Garner Great God and Founding Father

you suck, doors. no one loves you.
  10. chrisjordan New Member

Yes.

Garner, I know you said you'd try and fit me in anyway because I'd have holidays at around the same time as Myn, but there really is no chance of me going.

Count me out, too.
  11. Garner Great God and Founding Father

well, we already knew you sucked, CJ
  12. chrisjordan New Member

Garner eats poo!
  13. Cynical_Youth New Member

I will of course be attending. :)

*sings*

[i:5f7a80b604]Amsterdam!
    In elk mensenhart, daar vind je Amsterdam![/i:5f7a80b604]
  14. Delphine New Member

I wont be able to go to Amsterdam in July. I'll have just about finished my degree, and will be financially depleted. :(
  15. Garner Great God and Founding Father

doors and ella are morally obligated to make the october con in hastings then.
  16. Delphine New Member

Definitely be there at that one. :)
  17. Orrdos God

Yeah, I'll be there!
  18. Hex New Member

*cries*

Can attend neither, but ask me again in a couple years when I decide to study abroad in the UK! *crosses fingers and knocks wood*

Have fun all of you, and take many photos for us lonely US folk.
  19. Rincewind Number One Doorman

My boat is rockin' to the no side of things. I doubt I'll have the money or holiday time to get away then.

I suggest we could have a rejects left behind at home con, for those who can't make it?
  20. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:079406b4c8="Rincewind"]I suggest we could have a rejects left behind at home con, for those who can't make it?[/quote:079406b4c8]

Considering that those who can't make it are spread throughout the world, it would be an "each person at their own home sitting behind their screen with a beer or other alcoholic beverage" con. Yep, that really sounds do-able... :lol:
  21. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Obivously, you wouldnit be invited. You'd have to stand outside your house while the avent is taking place.
  22. Garner Great God and Founding Father

okay, if it turns out the only people who CAN make it are, in fact, just coppe, who lives there, then we'll have to replan this thing.
  23. Victimov8 New Member

Looks as though we can get flights from the UK to Schipol (Amsterdam) for about £40. Then there would be accomodation/beer/[s:bf9865095b]pizza[/s:bf9865095b] food money

I'd hopefully still be up for a meet up somewhere
  24. Cynical_Youth New Member

[quote:f6c7f42b5e="Garner"]okay, if it turns out the only people who CAN make it are, in fact, just coppe, who lives there, then we'll have to replan this thing.[/quote:f6c7f42b5e]

Yes, I think we should discuss other locations. A big Amsterdam DMC doesn't seem like a good idea if there are enough people not attending to make an alternative "people left behind"-DMC.
  25. Hermia New Member

I'm swinging in the direction of the People-Left-Behind con. Family ties forbid me to leave the country.

But if there are more people at the People-Left-Behind con, yours should be called the Exile (or kidnapped by Coppe) Con.
  26. Saccharissa Stitcher

You all know my plans for the summer are up in the air, I will try to come to any Con, anywhere, since Amsterdam and Hastings are practically the same distance as far as I'm concerned.
  27. Garner Great God and Founding Father

right right, so, still on the drawing board then.