Do you keep old email messages, how many do you have?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Maljonic, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Maljonic Administrator

I just noticed how many messages I have in 'Deleted Items' on Outlook Express, mainly because the number is noticable for being all 2s - 22,222 - a staggering 22 thousand messages!

Anyone else have more? How many do you have?
  2. Pixel New Member

I have nothing in my Deleted folder, since I always empty it immediately after I have "deleted" a mail - which is a [i:e94b342d40]very[/i:e94b342d40] rare occurrence - but I do have 24505 mails in "live" folders - admittedly the bulk of this (15827) is in my "Unsolicited Junk" folder, to which I copy all spam so that I can search for common occurences of words/phrases/senders etc. to update the spam filters - I filter into an intermediate folder, and the new version of Norton does the same to a folder of its own, both of which I then manually check ( as a fast skim-through) for incorrectly filtered mail before transferring them en masse to junk. My true "live" count is therefore only 8687 mails.
  3. Katcal I Aten't French !

Wow, I don't have anywhere near that much, and I thought my inbox was a mess with a petty 350 messages !!! :shock: But then, my specialty is multiple accounts, I have thousands of email accounts, some die off as they were set up for temporary things, like characters in online games... but I still have at least 5-6 regular on-going accounts...
  4. Pixel New Member

I've only got 2636 in my Inbox, but I have a [i:19d4cc35e1]lot[/i:19d4cc35e1] of subject-oriented folders and sub-folders!
  5. spiky Bar Wench

Well with unlimited inbox space and a requirement that i keep student correspondence for 7 years* my email is totally spastic looking and has to be archived every 6 months... Counting the archive I'm into thousands, but trying to get an exact count would require more effort than I'm willing to expend right now.

*Honestly what kind of flaming idiot is going to dispute an email 7 years after it was sent but I don't make the rules, I just lament them.
  6. fairyliquid New Member

681 in hotmail, 201 in gmail

I lost my old address a year or so back so there was a good chunk there, not to mention old school emails and other bits and bobs...

there is no way of knowing...

as for the deleted...when they're gone, they're gone.
  7. Tephlon Active Member

3160 e-mails in my gmail account.

I don't delete anything, except spam.
  8. Hsing Moderator

My...
    Did we ever archive that much stuff back when we still got it on paper?
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

No, but we didn't get as much, as email replaces paper mail and phone calls, I can't think of anyone sending someone a letter just to say "ok, see you at the cinema..."

I still have a load of letters from my friends from when I was at boarding school, we were all arty and the letters are actually really fun just to look at...

A :lol:

see...
  10. Hsing Moderator

I too still have a load of letters... I can't remember when I last added one, though. There's only one person left i regularly write letters to, a former classmate who has been shifted off to Romania, she can't afford I-Net.