Doormancon 06, anyone?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Who's up for it?

Where should it be?
  2. Orrdos God

I'm up for some of that Doormancon action.

Won't have any time though, for a couple of months probably.
  3. Hsing Moderator

[quote:1463295fc7="Garner"]Who's up for it?

Where should it be?[/quote:1463295fc7]

In Germany! It's about time.
  4. Delphine New Member

I'm up for it. Over Easter would be best for me. :)
  5. chrisjordan New Member

I might be up for it. Let me check with my people.
  6. Cynical_Youth New Member

[quote:40f645edb3="Hsing"]In Germany! It's about time.[/quote:40f645edb3]

Seconded. If that's too far, the Netherlands is nice and central.
  7. OmKranti Yogi Wench

I won't be 'round those part till the end of summer, unfortunately. But when I arrive, god damn, the party will rock. The kasbah even.
  8. Maljonic Administrator

I'll be in I think, almost probably definately in fact! :)
  9. TamyraMcG Active Member

Have fun guys, I invite you all to Minnesota, I might have a little time off this summer to play host and you could camp in the yard.
  10. Katcal I Aten't French !

Toulouse is a nice place, you know... :D :cooler:
  11. KaptenKaries New Member

Nothing beats a Swedish summer. Not too hot, bright sun but most of all, days so long the night never starts!
  12. Electric_Man Templar

I foresee no problems with me going to a DMC '06. But then I'm not exactly Nostradamus.
  13. Hsing Moderator

I see, so far no one really had any objections against Germany as a location.
    We've got a sleeping couch free and lots of space for matresses! :p
  14. Electric_Man Templar

Woah, woah, woah... we have to bring our own matresses? That is so not going to fit in my car
  15. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Sweden is right out, as it constantly snows 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, without end.

Germany is probably not a good location, as it is full of germans and many of them do not yet speak english.

France is off limits until such time as they stop smoldering.

America is off limits until such time as they stop domestic wiretapping.

This leaves only England, or possibly Scotland with the same provisions as germany (eg, it's full of Germans, and many of them do not yet speak english).

So, I suggest either a one day meet up in London, a multi-day meet up in Hastings, or any other meet up where i will not have to stay in a hostle, because hostles suck.

As for when, Easter is probably a bad time for Buzzfloyd, but that saturday or bank holiday would probably not be too out of the question.
  16. Cynical_Youth New Member

What about the Netherlands? Most of us speak English, you can crash on my couch and it rarely snows here. Also, not on fire and no domestic wiretapping.
  17. sleepy_sarge New Member

I'd be up for it (especially in the Netherlands!). I do however have an insane amount of work travel to do this year, so it would be date dependant.
  18. Rincewind Number One Doorman

It's possible that I would be able to to make an appearance. Though, family might be coming to stay with me over easter so we'll ahve to be carefull with dates. And such.

On a side note, does anyone know/care whats happened to kenny?
  19. Garner Great God and Founding Father

I assumed he went out on a boating excursion to watch salmon spawning, and was eaten by a dolphin lundgren while there. I've seen him online in the past few weeks, but usually showing an idle status.
  20. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Damn that dolphin lundgren!!
  21. Delphine New Member

It's just a matter of my money-to-coursework ratio, really. Anytime from the Easter period onwards would probably be ok for me, even if it is during term time. If it's a one day thing, that is.
  22. Electric_Man Templar

Maybe we should hold it on the moon, pretty much equidistant for everybody.

You can afford that Ella, right?
  23. Hsing Moderator

I'd settle for the Netherlands, too!
    Also, I could do something about all the Germans. Or at least try it.
    Or we just choose that time of year when they are all in Scotland.
  24. Maljonic Administrator

[quote:fd4a242826="Electric_Man"]Maybe we should hold it on the moon, pretty much equidistant for everybody.

You can afford that Ella, right?[/quote:fd4a242826]Marcia and I do own some land on the Moon, it hasn't been properly developed yet though. :)
  25. Delphine New Member

Also, hostels don't suck! They give you all the toast you could eat! And they have showers and everything, even if they do have silly transparent doors. But the toast! Well, the bread, the toaster, and the industrial sized tub of cheapo margarine.

As long as you don't stay in the same room as a bed-stealing bitch, or some loud drunks, then they're cool.

Oh yeah, I could sell dirt to the Queen.
  26. chrisjordan New Member

Yeah, but only because the Queen likes dirt. She builds castles with it.
  27. OmKranti Yogi Wench

[quote:a0929f9493="Delphine"]
    As long as you don't stay in the same room as a bed-stealing bitch, or some loud drunks, then they're cool.

[/quote:a0929f9493]

That rules out me and the doormen then. :(
  28. Electric_Man Templar

It also rules Ella out!
  29. plaid New Member

ooh ooh ooh i want to come.

can we schedule it for just the right time after i graduate and can justify rewarding myself with a vacation?

pleeeease?
  30. Rincewind Number One Doorman

[quote:7d776742ef="Electric_Man"]It also rules Ella out![/quote:7d776742ef]

It also rules out that bitch who stole my bed. She'll be heartbroken.*

*If this VooDoo Doll I made works.
  31. Mynona Member

Hey!

I went all the way to London for the last one, isn't it your time to travel now?

Also because I'm back in uni and I have zero money to come visit with :(
  32. Saccharissa Stitcher

I'm in, just tell me when. I can come if it's scheduled before September and I may not be available during the summer as well.
  33. spiky Bar Wench

Mynona, I came all the way from Australia. Its time for people to come here for a change...

So lonely... :(
  34. Mynona Member

there we have it!

The people from GB are hereby sentenced to travel all over the world to meet the rest of us.

Or they could just pay our plane tickets :badgrin:
  35. Katcal I Aten't French !

Actually... I can't help but wondering...

Why do you people all get together to go con some poor doorman ? I mean come on guys, being a doorman isn't exactly the best paid job in the world, if you want to con someone, go for someone who actually has enough money to make it worth your while ! :D
  36. Andalusian New Member

[quote:63d55ce665="spiky"]Mynona, I came all the way from Australia. Its time for people to come here for a change...

So lonely... :([/quote:63d55ce665]
    I concur. All you European types are extremely cruel.

:(
  37. sampanna New Member

India is much more centrally located for everyone .. from Australia to England!
  38. fairyliquid New Member

[quote:aa5940174e="sampanna"]India is much more centrally located for everyone .. from Australia to England![/quote:aa5940174e]

Technically Singapore is considered the stop off from Australia to the UK but India works for me too...considering 1/4 of me sorta lives there now...

I doubt I could really do any though... :(
  39. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Okay, Avgi's top priority to accomodate, but her schedule's wide open so that's not an issue. Grace won't be available at all this month, and next month is not great either. March is ideal, really, for most of us, i think.

Who can't do march who might otherwise be able to come?
  40. Saccharissa Stitcher

I'd appreciate it if we didn't do this on the first weekend of March, since on Friday the 3rd is my mum's birthday.
  41. Marcia Executive Onion

Just make a decision soon so I can try to organise my workload around it.
    It depends on what deadlines I have, which change all the time.
  42. Garner Great God and Founding Father

okay, let's do this with some semblance of reason:

If you want to attend a UK based doormencon, please say so and state what times are NOT good for you, if any.
  43. Electric_Man Templar

My weekend availability: All except today and next week

My weekday availabilty: Apart from the month of February, should be no problems in taking time off work
  44. Maljonic Administrator

[quote:9238a34e32="Garner"]okay, let's do this with some semblance of reason:

If you want to attend a UK based doormencon, please say so and state what times are NOT good for you, if any.[/quote:9238a34e32]By UK are we talking London, or is that undecided as yet?
  45. Delphine New Member

I'm technically available for the whole of March, at the moment. I don't have any deadlines that I know of yet.

However! I will undoubtedly be broke by then, as I've got a few things before it which will suck up the last shreds of my student loan.

I'm a maybe. Set a date, and I'll see if I can manage it.
  46. roisindubh211 New Member

basically what Delphine said. I can be free for a weekend if I know in advance, though I don't have a whole month off at any time this year (damn I miss Trinity vacations!)
    But I really want to meet you guys, so let me know when and I'll work my time accordingly.

I feel really grown-up now, for some reason. And, of course incredibly cool :cooler:
  47. Orrdos God

I say Manchester.

Easy to get to, pretty central.

And means i'll be able to go without needing to take time off work :)
  48. Garner Great God and Founding Father

no, i think it's going to be either in london, or, if coppe has a big enough couch, somewhere in the netherlands.
  49. Orrdos God

Well, I'm almost certainly out then
  50. Hsing Moderator

Netherlands!
  51. Rincewind Number One Doorman

[quote:76617b8961="Orrdos"]Well, I'm almost certainly out then[/quote:76617b8961]

YES!
  52. Garner Great God and Founding Father

I'm prepared to set doors on fire if necessary. for anything. anything at all. want to win the lottery? think setting doors on fire might help? that's all the justification i need!
  53. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I'm 100% sure that if Doors was on fire I'd get a job.100% SURE.
  54. Katcal I Aten't French !

Anyone got any matches ?
  55. Darth_Bemblebee New Member

*hands in matches from sidelines*

(Sorry, i have a habit of inflaming situations........ :badgrin: )

:oops:
  56. Electric_Man Templar

[quote:5bfdc88320="Ivan_the_terrible"]Meantime, I'm going to the UK on the 21st of February... on a business trip, naturally, but I hope to find some time for London boardanians! :)

From the 22 till 26 I'll be staying at Soho hotel, London - meetings

26 - 1st of March - BBC showcase in Brighton.

1st of March - our programming director is flying back to Kiev and I'm back to London - for Buena Vista TV Conference - Soho.

3d - back to Kiev.

Hope I'll have some free time on the 25th and 1st.

;)[/quote:5bfdc88320]

I would be available on the 25th (a saturday) and could possibly swing a day off work on the 1st (a wednesday).

So given Ivan will be there, those two dates (especially the saturday) look like a good time to meet up, who can and who can't make it?
  57. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I could maybe do a saterday...but might have preranged something. I could meet up after work on wednesday pretty easly
  58. Saccharissa Stitcher

I will be in Munich from February 20th to February 28th.
  59. Electric_Man Templar

*curses Germany, Bavaria in particular*
  60. Hsing Moderator

Sadly, Munich is at least as far away from me as London, if not further...
    Otherwise I'd have yelled: MINI-DMC!