Draw a Boardanian

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Buzzfloyd, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

This could fall completely flat, but I thought it would be fun.

I hereby challenge you to draw a portrait of a fellow Boardanian in whatever medium you choose (anything from oil paints to MS Paint) then submit it to this thread for others to guess who you have tried to draw. No photos to be used except for reference.
  2. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

All right, here's my first offering. Not too hard, I hope!

[IMG]
  3. Maljonic Administrator

It's Rincewind!
  4. Rincewind Number One Doorman

5. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yep, it's the hair that does it...

Is it plaid ?
  6. Electric_Man Templar

7. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Ho ho, all of you. It's not Rincewind, Plaid or a giraffe.
  8. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I got it!

It's NOT me!
  9. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Thank you, Rinso, for so neatly demonstrating the difference between accuracy and precision.
  10. Garner Great God and Founding Father

I guessed Ella, and was told I was wrong. Then I guessed Plaid, before I'd seen that someone already did, and Grace told me I had to guess in the thread.

So I told her that I wasn't going to guess in the thread, and she told me who it was. Now I know that it's not Ella or Plaid.
  11. Electric_Man Templar

A giraffe?

After puzzling over one aspect of the picture, I now realise who it really is. I hope.
  12. Roman_K New Member

13. mazekin Member

I was going to say Ella too - it's the hair :smile:
  14. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Correct!
  15. mowgli New Member

Not fair!!! I got it first, based on the hair and the boots! Roman stole my guess and passed it as his own. Roman, stop stealing people's guesses!
  16. Katcal I Aten't French !

Star Trek ?

I hesitated between Avgi and plaid, since I have never met either of them, and have only seen the odd photo...
  17. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Roman, stop stealing people's guesses! Mowgli, I thought someone who'd met Avgi would have to get it soon.

Has anyone else done a drawing yet?

Edit to add: The drawings don't have to approach my level of mastery.
  18. mowgli New Member

::tries to undo any damage done to Roman's honor by pointing out that he was never actually TOLD of the said guess and stole it wholly by telepathy::

I will do a drawing when I get home from work. I already feel bad enough for spending company time typing up replies.

::tries to concentrate on work, thinks instead of whom to draw upon returning home. Wants to draw Brad, but it would be too obvious of a choice. Thinks some more::
  19. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Roman, stop stealing thoughts!
  20. Roman_K New Member

You are demanding too much of me. Not stealing is against my faith!
  21. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Then draw a Boardanian in penance. I know you have the time.
  22. Roman_K New Member

I may try, though I suck even at stick figures.
  23. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

That's the spirit!
  24. Katcal I Aten't French !

I've done one.

But it's on the other computer and I can't be bothered to turn it on and upload it so it will wait.
  25. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

::champs at the bit::
  26. spiky Bar Wench

As kat is too slow i thought I'd get in with a nice and easy one... Despite my total lack of drawing ability...

[IMG]
  27. Maljonic Administrator

It's Grace!
  28. spiky Bar Wench

Waiting for Grace to see Mal's answer and get offended...
  29. mowgli New Member

It's Moses!
  30. Roman_K New Member

Rinso?

Also, my own drawing will hopefully be done today.
  31. Katcal I Aten't French !

I think spiky did the same one as me :D

[IMG]
  32. spiky Bar Wench

Umm mines not rinso...
  33. Rincewind Number One Doorman

You probably assumed it was me becuase of my manly, silky smooth beard*

When in Fact it was Garner. In the Drawning Room. With the Candle stic.

*I first wrote "bread." Can you imagine if I hadn't see it. Oh what a lark we would have had!
  34. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i'm too thin on the top to be either of them. and my glasses are more rectangular than circular these days, so i can't be kats.
  35. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

LOL, Mal! Roman, I can see your line of thinking, as the portrait does look distinctly hobo-like, but in fact it's clearly... Mal!

Edit to add: in both pictures.
  36. mowgli New Member

Okay, folks, I had to use photos as references, so any discrepancy between my drawing and the subjects is blamed solely on the photos. Yes, that's it, photos, and not the fact that my drawing skills have been steadily evaporating since college.

Oh, yeah, and I decided to draw people as animals :smile:. Because I like animals!

Attached Files:

37. Katcal I Aten't French !

Mowgli, I like yours, nice drawings ! If the middle one is a Llama, then I guess it's Brad, the butterfly reminds me of Marcia...

Sorry Grace, but mine was Garner, who clearly doesn't know that whenever glasses are drawn, they are round and shiny, no matter how square and grubby the originals were...
  38. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Those drawnings are ace, Mowgli!

Colour me Jealous!
  39. Roman_K New Member

As promised, here is the result of my desperate attempts with Paint.

[IMG]

Also, Mowgli, those drawings are great!
  40. spiky Bar Wench

If that is a little bit of bum fluff on the chin then I think its Rinso... If its not bum fluff on the chin then I have no idea who would wear a green dress*...

*And I don't know why Rinso is wearing a green dress either...
  41. mowgli New Member

::beams::

And Roman, I hazard that your drawing is of Mal - in his past life, during the Middle Ages. :smile:
  42. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Corrected.
  43. Roman_K New Member

Mowgli is correct! :)
  44. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

If that butterfly isn't Marcia, I don't know who it is, because I've never seen an insect that looked so surprisingly like a friend!
  45. mowgli New Member

:beams: It IS Marcia! The llama is Brad, nacherly, and the cat-creature was supposed to be Kat, but a) the photo I used was pretty low-rez, and b) it might have been the wrong photo altoghether :tongue:
  46. Rincewind Number One Doorman

maybe our newer members who we havent met can PM some of are more artistically minded members there pictures so they can get involved?
  47. Katcal I Aten't French !

Mowgli: Nah, it's just that it's far too pretty to be me :D although I did wonder if it was...
  48. Maljonic Administrator

Mowgli, those illustrations are beautiful!
  49. Rewr New Member

With my nose? Ah think not!:shock:

Kidding.

Problem is finding a recent pic of me - I'm normally behind the camera annoying hell out of decent folk.

Now if I was to pass this request on to dearest mother you'd be inundated....:eek: What a thought!

Also there is the slight problem of my ignorance - I don't know how to upload pics, yet. (WIP).

Is there a rogues gallary?:pirate:
  50. Katcal I Aten't French !

We did a "baby boardanians" competition a couple of times, it was fun ;)
  51. Rewr New Member

I'm in the middle of touching up an old photo of me - when I was a cute wee toddler. Dad was going through a load of old slides, and there is a lot of dust and scratches on it. Bless him it took him quite a few days to scan them all.

What ever happened to that nice wee gal?
  52. mowgli New Member

"Nice wee gal"*... Hey, that soundsl ike the English translation of my parents' nickname for me, when I was little!

*Actually, a more accurate translation would be "little chubby one who pees a lot!"
  53. mowgli New Member

P.S. Thanks, Kat and Mal ::beams::
  54. Rewr New Member

I didn't want to use 'bonnie wee bairn', but probably does translate to whatever endearment your parents had/have for you.

I was, and will always be 'Trouble'...:pirate:

Start as you mean to go on!
  55. randywine Member

Been away for a while but couldn't resist...

Rewr - Awwww 'Bonnie wee bairn' that's just so something from The Broons or Oor Wullie*.

I always liked 'Barrie wee laddie' but he, alas, is also gone...

*Scottish Sunday paper cartoon characters from the Auchtenshoogle area.
  56. Rewr New Member

Mother's been on the phone, dearest Auntie has dropped my Christmas present off - either The Broons or Oor Wullie, can't mind which one is out this year.

Christmas Day tradition - up early, open presents, keep Broons/Our Wullie to one side, get mug of tea, chocolate coins and read. Glare at anyone who dares disturb.

Followed by mad dash to get ready for rest of the day...
  57. Cynical_Youth New Member

Mowgli, those illustrations are really beautiful!