Enjoy bath with manners

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

2. Freya New Member

Okay, I'll bite. I know I only got 3 hours kip last night but I am confused. I'm obviously delirious. Are you advocating the use of bubble bath rather than nature's own effervescent....... or offering the use of your plastic ducky, "Manners"? :D

I need sleep.
  3. Ba Lord of the Pies

Garner posted a link. Click it. Be amused.
  4. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I feel dirty.
  5. Garner Great God and Founding Father

That's because you don't follow step 2, rinso.
  6. Rincewind Number One Doorman

The guy in the first picture looks like the peadofile from Family Guy.
  7. Freya New Member

Oh Dear. Thank you, Ba. .....and thank you, Garner, for the link. :lol:

I'm blaming the colour quality of my screen entirely, couldn't see a link there at all..... Damn laptop! It's nothing to do with the dust or the matchsticks holding my eyelids up. :oops:
  8. Garner Great God and Founding Father

the links are a bit hard to see. maybe mal could set them up to be underlined?
  9. drunkymonkey New Member

Good advice for all, but I counter all them problems by not taking baths!
  10. Saccharissa Stitcher

Heh, this is exactly the savoir faire for the japanese on-sen. Never had to use one myself and I'm glad for it; I got enough eyeballing at my obvious caucasian-ness in the public transportation system.
  11. Garner Great God and Founding Father

It's from a japanese website
  12. Hex New Member

:shock: My, that is interesting.

Though whatever the rules may be, a bath is a bath, on account of being called a bath.
  13. Victimov8 New Member

I must have a really sick mind, but the last one is a little worrying
  14. Electric_Man Templar

The Japanese don't have proper baths, they're tiny and you can't stretch out in them. Even if you're japanese size.
  15. Hsing Moderator

And did I get that right - they sit in the shower?
  16. fudgecake New Member

You have to wash before you get in the bath? Then what's the point of having a bath? :?
  17. Electric_Man Templar

The place I was at, there was a bath and shower room/cubicle.

Half of it was a bath, and the other half was the shower (plughole on both sides). What you were meant to do is sit on a stool and shower yourself whilst running the bath. Once you've cleaned yourself with the shower, you sit in the bath to relax (but not wash!)

I normally just showered and didn't bother with the bath,
    a) because my chin would've been practically on my knees,
    and b) because it was quicker.
  18. spiky Bar Wench

Geez nobody warned me before I stopped over in Tokyo. I bathed all wrong! Its a good thing I had my own bathroom so no-one noticed :)

I thin rule 6 involves a guy not wiping off before leaving so he can escape a bum whipping by the other guy holding his stategically placed towel...
  19. Garner Great God and Founding Father

bathing in japan is a bit like the sauna customs of scandinavian regions. it's also a bit like yuppy hottubbing.

you have a nice quick shower to get clean, then a long HOT soak to get relaxed.

as for sitting in the shower... cultural prefernece? i don't see as it's any more or less effective for cleaning grime off yer ass, provided you at least turn around once to rinse there.
  20. spiky Bar Wench

Do the Japanese run outside to roll in the snow too?
  21. colonesque10 New Member

Thats just backwards. How are you supposed to wallow in your own filth if you've already washed yourself first. Next you'll tell me your supposed to go the toilet first too. :)
  22. spiky Bar Wench

Ewww...Sarge thats gross. The visions of brown floating mars bars in EMs bath has put me off sleep... how's a girl supposed to sleep with that image lurking and waiting to make into a nightmare? :vom:
  23. colonesque10 New Member

I meant the dirt on my hands from changing my tyre Spiky, if you wish to believe it's brown floating mars bars thats your wish. :D ;) Dirty minded person. :p
  24. spiky Bar Wench

Oh well, thats alright then. I can put the floating mars bars to bed and concentrate an just cleaning dirty hands :) . Had to pump my tyres this morning and discovered they were half flat which would probably explain the poor fuel consumption I've been getting latley... anyhoo I'll shut up again.
  25. mowgli New Member

I was about to say "They forgot the PLEASE DO NOT PEE IN THE BATH" rule, but Sarge beat me to the notion.

BTW, the Russians have a tradition of public bath-houses as well! I've never been to one, but from what's been described to me, it's hot, steamy, and an attendant whips you with a leafy broom (or a whisk?) until you're nice and fluffy!
  26. Garner Great God and Founding Father

I've already booked my ticket to Moscow!