Falwell

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, May 16, 2007.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Well, the TellyTubbies can now live what ever lifestyle they want. Falwell's dead.

Pardon me for smiling.
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

Who what where wikipedia ?
  3. Maljonic Administrator

He's an anti-gay religious type thing I think?
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Jerry Falwell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Controversial remarks

Falwell was a controversial figure for his theological, political and social beliefs. After the September 11, 2001 attacks, Falwell said on the 700 Club, "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'" Fellow evangelist Pat Robertson concurred with his sentiment.[31] After heavy criticism, Falwell apologized.[32] As for homosexuality, Falwell remarked, "AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals." Falwell's ghostwriter, Mel White, said Falwell remarked about gay protesters, "Thank God for these gay demonstrators. If I didn't have them, I'd have to invent them. They give me all the publicity I need."[33]

During the Civil Rights Movement, Falwell was a supporter of racial segregation.[2] He said this about Martin Luther King: "I do question the sincerity and non-violent intentions of some civil rights leaders such as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Mr. James Farmer, and others, who are known to have left-wing associations."[34]

Falwell has also said, "Labor unions should study and read the Bible instead of asking for more money. When people get right with God, they are better workers."[35]"
  5. Mynona Member

He seems to be quite a character. Do it my way or I'll condemn you...?

Hooray for narrowminded bigots