Finally, a use for Snails!!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Electric_Man, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Electric_Man Templar

2. Delphine New Member

Wow, how do they find this kind of thing out? Very high tech stuff. Or, maybe just a lucky accident. "Oops, i fell on this rare poisonous snail, mouth first. Oh look, it cured my ricketts. Now i can walk proud and tall and punch kick those bastards who ridiculed my bendy legs with accuracy!"

That cone shell snail is a hero!

Edit: Yes, I withdrew too far into the realm of fantasy. again.
  3. TheJackal Member

Can't believe there are over 500 different species of snail!
  4. Maljonic Administrator

Didn't aboriginal Americans used to stick slugs in their mouths to reduce the pain of toothache?
  5. Pixel New Member

Are we into dried frog pill territory here?
  6. Maljonic Administrator

No, Ingin country. :D
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

**singing** A magician's cone has a sting on the end, a sting on the end... :D

But... if it's a cure taken from Snails... how long does it take to actually have an effect ? :D
  8. Maljonic Administrator

It comes in slow release capsule form...
  9. spiky Bar Wench

I don't know... the thought of having snails injected into my spine is a little off-putting. Lord knows how long it'd take her to get out again.
  10. edster New Member

[b:42d1adf8da]go little snails, go[/b:42d1adf8da]
  11. Faerie New Member

This snail is either really big or the fish it harpoons and eats whole are really small. On the topic of size a friend of mine works at a feed & seed store and they sell Big Boy Tomatoes which can be up to 2 pounds. That is a huge tomato. Back to the snails, my granma can't take morphine because it makes her loopy but I don't think she'd be to thrilled about snails either.
  12. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:30885ed5a6="Faerie"]This snail is either really big or the fish it harpoons and eats whole are really small. On the topic of size a friend of mine works at a feed & seed store and they sell Big Boy Tomatoes which can be up to 2 pounds. That is a huge tomato. Back to the snails, my granma can't take morphine because it makes her loopy but I don't think she'd be to thrilled about snails either.[/quote:30885ed5a6]

I saw a thing on these snails on the really wild show the other day, and yes, the fish are quite small, as the snail "swallows" them whole, the snail is about 10cm long I would say, and fits on a medium sized hand...
  13. missy New Member

damn it, i thought they had finally found a use for Ella then......*shrugs* oh well maybe some time soon.
  14. Ba Lord of the Pies

Sea snails are much larger than land snails, it should be noted. The largest snail is the Australian Trumpet, which grows over thirty inches in length.
  15. Angua_rox New Member

Ba, that is incredibly interesting. How DO you know this stuff?

Wait, gods are omniescent, aren't they?

That would be why.
  16. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

He has elite Google skills.
  17. koshu New Member

[quote:bbc5bbb96d="Ba"]Sea snails are much larger than land snails, it should be noted. The largest snail is the Australian Trumpet, which grows over thirty inches in length.[/quote:bbc5bbb96d]

i would just like to say that not all land snail are smaller than sea snails most yes but still...

In Port Elizibeth on the east coast of South africa you get garden snails that reach the size of a size 8 shoe!!

they were really cool!!! :)