Flying Skills

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Maljonic, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Maljonic Administrator

2. Hex New Member

That's really cool.
    The little airplane is also incredibly cute. I want one. :D
  3. KaptenKaries New Member

Fascinating. :)
  4. Roman_K New Member

That was cool.
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

I saw this a couple of weeks ago when a collegue sent it to me... Amazing stuff, that plane just shouldn't be able to do that !!! :shock:
  6. Pixel New Member

There is no way that was working on pure aerodynamics - it had to be a super-powerful motor, a highly miniaturized radio receiver and a very light body - some of the maneuvers I could accept for a winged plane - even the near-Immelman turns - but the hover on the propellor was just not on for that type of model - it had to be relying purely on the power of the motor to keep it flying!
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:c560c3fe69="Pixel"]There is no way that was working on pure aerodynamics - it had to be a super-powerful motor, a highly miniaturized radio receiver and a very light body - some of the maneuvers I could accept for a winged plane - even the near-Immelman turns - but the hover on the propellor was just not on for that type of model - it had to be relying purely on the power of the motor to keep it flying![/quote:c560c3fe69]
    Stop it Pixel, you're trying to sound clever again. Now go take those little green pills or you'll be having another one of your "moments" and then we'll all be sorry...
  8. Pixel New Member

[quote:fad99c578c="Katcal"][quote:fad99c578c="Pixel"]There is no way that was working on pure aerodynamics - it had to be a super-powerful motor, a highly miniaturized radio receiver and a very light body - some of the maneuvers I could accept for a winged plane - even the near-Immelman turns - but the hover on the propellor was just not on for that type of model - it had to be relying purely on the power of the motor to keep it flying![/quote:fad99c578c]
    Stop it Pixel, you're trying to sound clever again. Now go take those little green pills or you'll be having another one of your "moments" and then we'll all be sorry...[/quote:fad99c578c]

*Goes away muttering "Well I do know something about aerodynamics - I've piloted gliders - well - chewed gliders - hold on - I seem to be channelling Gaspode! - I did get my A&B gliding certificate - OK - I'll go and look for the box marked "Dried Frog", shall I?"*
  9. TheJackal Member

That was unreal skill but I can't help fell that the pilot needs to get out more (and leave the plane behind!)
  10. Ba Lord of the Pies

Some people like to discuss how things are done, Katcal. It's no reason to get upset.

As Pixel said, that wasn't pure piloting skill. One could not, no matter how good one was, take a model airplane off the shelf and fly it like that. No, this plane was clearly designed for these sorts of stunts.

Which is pretty impressive in itself, frankly, since it most likely involved a fair share of careful design and tweaking to get it to work right, as well as practicing those piloting skills.
  11. sampanna New Member

Wow! Agree with Pixel and Ba, but still, wow!

Edit: bad grammar.
  12. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:16df43d18a="Ba"]Some people like to discuss how things are done, Katcal. It's no reason to get upset.[/quote:16df43d18a]
    I'm not getting upset, it's for his own good. I have solemnly sworn to pester pixel on any possible occasion, and I'm doing my best to fulfill my promise. Now get back to that Ba-becue, I'm getting burnt on one side !
  13. Hsing Moderator