For you D&D geeks out there

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Katcal, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Katcal I Aten't French !

2. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Call me old fashioned... and you probably will... but there is a lot to be said for the feel of REAL Dice, REAL characters and the gentle touch of pencils hitting the paper to plot and plan your every move.
    Signed... Not convinced, Northeast England. :lol:
  3. Maljonic Administrator

I'd play it, and maybe even like it, but you don't need figures and displays for proper D and D.
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i think it has limitless advantages, but one of the first things that attracted me to the hobby was not the limitless potential for adventure and creativity, but rather the strange and interesting shapes of the polyhedral dice.

i imagine that as more and more computer integration meshes with the hobby, more of my players might finally be willing to play a wizard, but at the same time more of them might get freaked out by complicated combat.

we tend to get by on a level of simulation more akin to the 'fight, use item, run' school of RPG rather than, say, Warhammer.
  5. Maljonic Administrator

Now Warhammer would work very well I think.
  6. Garner Great God and Founding Father

7. Roman_K New Member

I like the idea of it, of course. As for dice, one of discussion topics I saw on the D&D proof of concept software project's own forums was about how to detect the results of dice thrown onto the Surface. Keep in mind that the Surface detects objects and actions via a single camera.

Apparently, most dice would be a bit too small for said camera's resolution to even see the results, but I think that maybe a custom-made die which has a different color on every side would work. Of course, that'd be a weird kind of die, but it'd work, mostly.

In other, but related, news: YouTube - Microsoft Mobile Surface