Forum Headings

Discussion in 'POLLS AND ELECTIONS' started by Maljonic, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Maljonic Administrator

I thought we may as well come up with some forum headings, they can of course be tweaked and added to as we go along.

I quite like the idea of grouping some books together so we don't have to list them all as a seperate forum - though there's no reason why we can't if we want to.

We could have a title like:

[b:5df82604be]Watch Books[/b:5df82604be]
    List of watch books to be discussed goes in description

[b:5df82604be]Witch Books[/b:5df82604be]
    List of witch books to be discussed goes in description

and so on. I also think it might be pretty cool to have a Discworldy name for the General Discussions forum, though it has to be obvious to everyone what its purpose is? :)
  2. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I like the idea of grouping the books together by theme, since that's how we tend to talk about them anyway.

The GD forum could be "Hide Park Corner", or "The Rats Chamber", maybe? Those are both places where a lot of talking happens.
  3. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I just wanted to add that I really like this at the bottom of the screen:

"This data is based on a highly complex procedure involving wizards"

:) I think we should be characterised by these sort of little Discworldly touches.
  4. Maljonic Administrator

I'm glad you like that, we can change pretty much any text to say what we like. :)
  5. happyman New Member

I think that would be a good thing. I also think we should hava a science of discworld section.
  6. Maljonic Administrator

I like that idea, never seen it before. :)
  7. Mynona Member

Not quite sure if this is the righ place since this post could really fit in a lot fo threads right now.

Instead of a mod forum we could have an 'issues' forum instead. Almost the same as the moderator forum but 'everyone' is allowed to post and it would also be the place to take up all problems. Like avatars that doesn't work, general help, memebers that have been trolling, trolls that have been attacking other memebers by pm. I think this would help to make a more 'open' moderating enviroment as everyone could see the discussion the mods held about certain posts/trolls and it could also be the place where you test your sig and avatar. And get help if it doesn't work.

(I made this idea up at 3am last night. I couldn't sleep)
  8. Maljonic Administrator

Part of what you suggest is in my little P.S. on another thread:

[quote:98a152f917]P.S. I just wanted to add that I think it would be a good idea to draw up a little moderators' constitution, or rules to make them as accountable as everyone else. A clear definition of the moderators' role on the boards that anyone can read at any time? It could go in a moderator section down at the bottom where we could also keep copies of deleted posts and actions taken, all out in the open with no hidden stuff going on. [/quote:98a152f917]

I've also had another neat idea that I'll mention first somewhere else. :)
  9. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

What does "Keepers tending the complexity resonator" mean?
  10. Cynical_Youth New Member

[quote:963ac27875="Buzzfloyd"]What does "Keepers tending the complexity resonator" mean?[/quote:963ac27875]

"Online now", I think. I rather like it.
  11. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

But it doesn't tally with the "online now" list at the left hand side.
  12. chrisjordan New Member

The bottom one's usually something like 'online in the past 15 minutes'.
  13. Maljonic Administrator

[quote:f79cef9890="Buzzfloyd"]But it doesn't tally with the "online now" list at the left hand side.[/quote:f79cef9890]The People Online on the left refers to people on the website as a whole (playing games, reading member's writing etc), where the info at the bottom only refers to people reading and writing posts, on this bit of the web site. :)
  14. Maljonic Administrator

I've done the first draft of the forum headings, please point out any mistakes, additions or alterations that need doing. :)
  15. Cynical_Youth New Member

[quote:97705f5716="Maljonic"]I've done the first draft of the forum headings, please point out any mistakes, additions or alterations that need doing. :)[/quote:97705f5716]

Just one little thing I spotted at first glance, the text under The Watch Books starts with "discuss" instead of "Discuss".

It looks good, though. :)

Edit to fix the quote
  16. Maljonic Administrator

Fixed, and thanks. :)
  17. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:91accd219f="Maljonic"][quote:91accd219f="Buzzfloyd"]But it doesn't tally with the "online now" list at the left hand side.[/quote:91accd219f]The People Online on the left refers to people on the website as a whole (playing games, reading member's writing etc), where the info at the bottom only refers to people reading and writing posts, on this bit of the web site. :)[/quote:91accd219f]
    I see! Thanks.
  18. Maljonic Administrator

I think one or the other says there are one more member than the other one does too; I think this is because someone has tried to register but not properly activiated their account. :)
  19. Cat New Member

[quote:1097bd16f2="Maljonic"]I think one or the other says there are one more member than the other one does too; ... [/quote:1097bd16f2]

8O

That is one sentence I can't make head or tails from. :wink:
  20. Maljonic Administrator

Yes, it is a bit of a mind bender; but I think Buzzfloyd knows what I mean? :)
  21. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Yes, I understood! :D The two lists seem to be tallying now though.