Getting to know you: multiple-choice game

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Buzzfloyd, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

This is a variation on several games we've had in the past.

Player A posts a question about themselves with a multiple-choice answer. Other players guess which is correct. The first person to get it right sets the next question.

Remember, that means that if you set a question, you have to check the answers. The person who set the question will be the arbiter of any disputed answers, as we should know the answers to questions about ourselves.

So, I'll start.

How many dice are in my die-bag?
    a) 14
    b) 22
    c) 37
  2. KaptenKaries New Member

3. Katcal I Aten't French !

ok, well, 22 then ? :D Nice idea Grace ;)
  4. Tephlon Active Member

You've told me, but I kind of forgot. Did you add the little purple ones? If so, it's definitely 37.

Edit to correct spelling.
  5. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

The voices in my head are telling me,"twenty two", but they also say I'm perfectly sane.
  6. Garner Great God and Founding Father

since grace aint around at the moment, its 37. bauke has a bit of an insider's track, having seen grace buy a set recently.
  7. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

37 is correct. Bauke sets the next question!
  8. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Good Game!
  9. Angua_rox New Member

Yeah this is cool.

Tephlon? Question please?
  10. Tephlon Active Member

Tephlon/Bauke is currently beardless.

In the last 10 years, how many times has he been beardless (Including the current one)?

1) Seven times. Whenever the mood struck him. he figured it would grow back again easily. And it did, in 3 days.
    2) Two times. He didn't like it the last time and grew it back right away.
    3) Once. This is the first time he's been beardless in 10 years.
  11. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

I'll say answer 2. People tell me I suit my beard, but that's because they can't stand looking at my naked, ugly face :(
  12. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i'll say 1.
  13. TamyraMcG Active Member

I'll guess 7.
  14. Tephlon Active Member

And todays prize (Posting your own question) goes to Joculator.

I grew the beard (goatee) about 15 years ago (I was 17!) because I looked to young, and since then only shaved it off twice. Last time being about 5 years ago, the first more than 10. My girlfriend told me to grow it back as soon as possible. Then, about 3 months ago, I took it off again and we agreed that I was finally mature enough... Physically anyway.. :)

I might let it grow back at a later age, but for now I'm happy with the cleaner look.
  15. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Well, I'm a Morris man and musician for those that don't already know. So, the question is this...
    How many instruments can I actually play?

1) - Only one, the accordion - and badly at that?
    2) - Five - I did play in a brass band when I was younger.
    3) - Sixteen - I also worked in a music shop for a few years.
  16. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'll go for baroque and say number 3.
  17. Maljonic Administrator

2, it must be five.
  18. KaptenKaries New Member

Joculator can only play the accordion. He might pick up the stray harmonica, tuba or xylophone, but he can't really [i:305eca7ce9]play[/i:305eca7ce9] them, he's just good at faking.
  19. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

[quote:2da25c5104="Buzzfloyd"]I'll go for baroque and say number 3.[/quote:2da25c5104]

Buzzfloyd is correct despite the pune...
    The actual number (over 50 years) is 16: Trumpet, trombone, violin/viola. penny whistle, accordion, piano, organ (with foot-board), guitar, recorder, saxophone, clarinet, bodhran, northumbrian pipes, tenor/french horn, autoharp and Irish flute.

I must remember to add your name to my chopin liszt and buy a special prize ;)
  20. KaptenKaries New Member

Go on then Grace, post us a new question!

Joculator, impressive list! I'm especially impressed by the fact that you can handle both brass and woodwind.
  21. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

[quote:315f602bc2="KaptenKaries"]Joculator, impressive list! I'm especially impressed by the fact that you can handle both brass and woodwind.[/quote:315f602bc2]

Thanks for that KK woodwind came late in life, but it cost me two sets of "Dinchewers" to get the 'bite' correct.
  22. KaptenKaries New Member

[quote:c18d624f04="Joculator"]Thanks for that KK woodwind came late in life, but it cost me two sets of "Dinchewers" to get the 'bite' correct.[/quote:c18d624f04]

I play the saxophone. I took some lessons in clarinet a while ago, that embouchure is completely different from the saxophone. Too stiff for my liking.

I also took lessons in trumpet, but I never got any height in it and gave up from frustration. I've blown a trombone a couple of times, and the cup for the trombone suits me much better than the trumpet, but I've never owned a trombone or taken any lessons so I can't play it.

Other than that, I play the keyboards. I especially enjoy playing the Hammond organ, but only own clones myself.
  23. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Which of my relatives did I used to sit next to on the organ bench and manage the stops for as a child?

1) My dad
    2) My grandad
    3) My uncle
  24. Hsing Moderator

I go for 2.
  25. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

I'll hazard a guess at no 1.
  26. allthatjazz New Member

An uncle, probably, I'll pick 3.

Edit I hit submit instead of preview...silly me
  27. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Joculator got it. My dad's a bit like you Joculator - it's more a question of what he [i:d50dee7c99]doesn't[/i:d50dee7c99] play (trombone and flute) than what he does.
  28. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Another lucky guess and I'm back in the frame...OK!
    Joculator and his partner, Judi went to Wincanton and held the "Ceremony of the Stciky Bun" with the Cunning Artificer (Bernard Pearson)...when?
    1 - 2001?
    2 - 2003?
    3 - 2005?
  29. Angua_rox New Member

uhm, I'll go for 2. :)
  30. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I guess 1, 2001.
  31. plaid New Member

well, for no reason at all i'll take the last remaining option, 3
  32. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

The answer is... 2003.
    Can't remember much about the trip as Bernard introduced me to something that was not unlike finest scumble. Duh!

So it's over to Angua_rox for the next question.
  33. OmKranti Yogi Wench

[quote:3667ede782="Buzzfloyd"]I'll go for baroque and say number 3.[/quote:3667ede782]

This cracked me up, Grace. :)
  34. Angua_rox New Member

Hmmm. . . . oh delicious quandary.

How many sports do I play?

1) Bananas.
    2) Uh. . . do tennis games on a Wii count?
    3) One - basketball.
    4) 5 - Gaelic, basketball, hockey, icehockey, and fencing (yeah, i know, wierd).
  35. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

I'll go for 4 and say 5. Duh? :badgrin:
  36. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I think it's number 4 too.

And Om? Good High Priestess! You shall have a nice cup of tea and a sit down!
  37. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

We're losing the thread here, to use a bad pune. It was off the bottom of my screen, so I just thought I'd make a post and bring it back to peoples' attention again. :)

Besides, I'm damn curious to know the answer to Angua_rox' question.
  38. Angua_rox New Member

Yeah, I am paying attention, just only one of the guesses has been taken. . . so I don't know whether to tell people the answer or not. . . :S
  39. KaptenKaries New Member

I'm guessing 2, tennis on a wii.
  40. TamyraMcG Active Member

Okay I'll say #3, but I really think its #4.
  41. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well I'll say 1, so now you can tell us it's 4 :D
  42. OmKranti Yogi Wench

[quote:6d407bc49f="Buzzfloyd"]I think it's number 4 too.

And Om? Good High Priestess! You shall have a nice cup of tea and a sit down![/quote:6d407bc49f]

Woo yay! Rock on!
  43. Angua_rox New Member

In fact, (and I hate to let you all down), its number 3, basketball!
    So over to Tamyra McG!
  44. TamyraMcG Active Member

Well I'm surprised. Here goesmy question.

Since I was married I've lived in
    1- 3 homes
    2- 5 homes
    3- 7 homes
  45. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well I'll go for number 2, 5 homes... I'm a middle kind of person.
  46. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Is there a subtle hint in the name? I'll say 3, 7 homes. Truckers move around a lot!

*edited to remove caps lock fumble :badgrin:
  47. KaptenKaries New Member

Then I'll go for 1, three homes.
  48. TamyraMcG Active Member

Joculator got it right. 1-our apartment in Park Rapids, 2-14x70 mobilehome near NewYork Mills,MN, 3-12x60 mobilehome at his folk's place near Nevis,MN, 4- 28x40 house on Deer Lake by Nevis, 5-24x40(the mobile measurements are the legal size and include 4 feet for the tongue whether it is attached or not so this house was actually a lot smaller then the lake house) double wide mobile at his folk's place, 6-14x70mobile home at his folk's place, 7- 14x70 mobile near Park Rapids.

I didn't include the 10x16 tent we lived in between the doublewide and the fourth mobile home or the two semi trucks I spent a few months time in because we did have another house for most of our stuff to "live" in at the same time. He didn't start OTR(over the road -cross country) trucking until we were in the lakehouse. We should still be there but he came down with a bad case of gambling addiction and now he has left me and I hope I don't have to move any more. I had to move three times in one year once and three times in two years once and I didn't like it.

edited to correct a mistake(and another time) so second has become fourth
  49. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

My dad introduced me to fishing when I was five. Since then I've entered a lot of competitions for both sea and freshwater fish. What is the smallest fish I have actually weighed in at a competition and received a trophy?

1 - 17 lb (7.8 Kg) cod
    2 - 2.5 lb (1.1 Kg) perch
    3 - 8 oz (227 g) pike
    4 - 5lb (2.2 Kg) sea bass

*edited to correct spelling
  50. Katcal I Aten't French !

I'll go for teeny number 3...
  51. KaptenKaries New Member

Although unsure what a perch is, I'll guess 2, 1.1 kg.
  52. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'll go for number 4, the bass. Dig that funky bass, man.
  53. Angua_rox New Member

Then I'll go for 1!
  54. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Ah! There's no fooling a Kat when it comes to sniffing out the fish :)

An embarassing win at the time considering the results for 1979 and 1981 yielded fish of 11lbs 4oz and 9lbs 14ozs respectively. It had been a very cold winter that year, guess I was just lucky.

Here's the proof:-
    [img:204f722ca9]http://lancre-morris-men.co.uk/quizpics/trophy.jpg[/img:204f722ca9][img:204f722ca9]http://lancre-morris-men.co.uk/quizpics/ticket.jpg[/img:204f722ca9]

Well done Katcal
  55. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oh dear, well well... Now for a question...

When I was little (age 7 to 11) and still living in a civilized country with sports facilities, I managed to achieve three gold level certificates in what was then my favourite sport. My sister and at one point my mother also tried this sport, my mother with rather less grace than a chicken on a bicycle. What sport was it ?

1) Water polo
    2) Trampoline
    3) Ice skating
    4) Synchronized swimming.
  56. plaid New Member

ice skating.
  57. Anna New Member

I think trampolining[size=12:97f319e791][/size:97f319e791]
  58. Hsing Moderator

In that case I say water polo. Despite the graceful thing being a hint to the ice skating - well, that answer has already been taken. Also, water polo seems not too far spread on the continent, which may why you couldn't proceed with it after your family's move...
  59. KaptenKaries New Member

Kat is obviously a champion synchronized swimmer!
  60. Katcal I Aten't French !

Huh, yeah, I wish... I tried and tried to get into the synchronized swimming team, but once I was A old enough and B had time to go to the selections, my parents announced we were moving, so there was no longer any point... :( I have done some trampoline too, but only on a fun basis, it was great, but I never did it as a sport. Water polo... hmm, nope.

Plaid wins, it was ice skating !