gmail

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by redneck, Jun 24, 2006.

1. redneck New Member

Is anyone else having problems with gmail? I can't seem to get it to work on either my or my parents computer.
  2. Electric_Man Templar

3. Hex New Member

No problems here either.
  4. Maljonic Administrator

Yes, people keep opening gmail accounts and spamming my inbox.
  5. redneck New Member

Ok, it's now working at my apartment, but not at my parent's house. Any ideas as to why/how this is happening? I tried logging in under my name and theirs and it wouldn't let me access gmail. It would, however, let me log into google but would not let me access the email site. It's kinda wierding me out.
  6. Maljonic Administrator

It's probably Google having problems with some of it's email servers.
  7. QuothTheRaven New Member

Whenever I try to log into my gmail acount, it takes several minutes to load, but I think that that is probably caused by the fact that I have very slow internet.
  8. Dane New Member

It takes me quite a wile to log into my account at my dads, but that's because my dads computer is sucky (We pay for 1MB broadband and I've never seen it above 515KB/sec). My Gmail account is fine here though (My girlfriends).

Has anyone had problems with NTL's ISP? Its given me lots of problems over the past year, I was wondering whether anyone else experience anything similar?
  9. drunkymonkey New Member

People keep on asking me to join Myspace or some other crap like that.
  10. Dane New Member

[quote:0b668488a4="drunkymonkey"]People keep on asking me to join Myspace or some other crap like that.[/quote:0b668488a4]

I made a filter that stops those kinds of emails. It says any email with the words "wants you to join" in then it's sent straight to the deleted items. I might check it depending on who it's from but most of it I delete straight away.
  11. drunkymonkey New Member

[quote:2815f4a7a7="Dane"][quote:2815f4a7a7="drunkymonkey"]People keep on asking me to join Myspace or some other crap like that.[/quote:2815f4a7a7]

I made a filter that stops those kinds of emails. It says any email with the words "wants you to join" in then it's sent straight to the deleted items. I might check it depending on who it's from but most of it I delete straight away.[/quote:2815f4a7a7]That's a good idea. But it might actually block things I actually [i:2815f4a7a7]do[/i:2815f4a7a7] want to join. Like... I dunno... forums.