Gracecon '08

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

So, anyone fancy visiting hastings for Grace's birthday this year? It would save me the trouble of thinking of a real present...
  2. Maljonic Administrator

What date would it be?
  3. Garner Great God and Founding Father

weekend of the 25th.
  4. Maljonic Administrator

I'll have to check closer to the date, but it's about time we saw you again I think. I wouldn't mind going to Brighton and perhaps nipping across to Hastings.
  5. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Tsk, no more takers?

At the moment we have:

Buzzfloyd
    Leather Monkey
    Possibly Mal and Marcia
    Possibly Avgi
    Possibly Garner

Quantumly speaking, that's enough to call it a con.
  6. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

A kind invitation, I just wish some of you guys lived a little further North.
    Travelling the length of the country, through the capital, on British Rail is not worth contemplating.
    But Joculator and Joculatrix will be there in spirit or any other alcoholic beverage you care to name.

Planning eCard even now.
  7. Garner Great God and Founding Father

update: it would seem that grace has very selfishly made some plans with her family that i wasn't aware of (read: i very foolishly started to make plans without actually checking if grace was available).

Watch this space for potential shifts to the weekend of november 1st
  8. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Okay, the weekend of the 25th is the best opportunity for a Gracecon, though it must also allow for Grace to have time to see her family.

I'm open to suggestions, but at the moment whats on offer is folks can come down to Hastings for either Friday or Saturday evening, and no events planned other than hanging out and showering Grace with presents. Also showering Garner with presents would be nice, but is not mandatory.
  9. Hsing Moderator

If you and Grace come over to me to shower me with presents 2. Oct. 09, then I'll come over to you with presents three weeks later. Sorry, but I am afraid that's all I can offer! :wink: God knows where we'll be living by then.