Happy birthday to the GGG!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Buzzfloyd, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Happy birthday, Clay!
  2. Stercus Stercus New Member

Many happy returns. :cool:
  3. chrisjordan New Member

Happy birthday, Garner.
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

Dude. You do realise your birthday is the French national holiday right ?

Ok, well, Happy Frenchy Day, Garner... :biggrin:
  5. Tephlon Active Member

dammit.

Grace, you need to let us know this beforehand so we can (promise to) send gifts. Otherwise we have to hear bout him not getting gifts for another 10 months.

Oh,

Happy birthday, Clay!
  6. Hsing Moderator

Happy birthday, Clay!
  7. jaccairn New Member

Happy Birthday Clay!
  8. Maljonic Administrator

Happy birthday. :smile:
  9. Marcia Executive Onion

Have a very happy birthday.
  10. Garner Great God and Founding Father

If only that weren't so painfully, painfully true.
  11. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Thanks guys
  12. lipi New Member

A bit late, but still... happy birthday!
  13. missy New Member

a bit (very) late but happy birthday Garner from Wend and Dave.
  14. sampanna New Member

I wake up rather late.
    Happy Birthday Garner! :)
  15. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Belated Birthday Wishness of Fun
  16. mazekin Member

An even later Happy Birthday Clay. Hope the present fairy hit you many times with her sack.
  17. Katcal I Aten't French !

the present fairy *snorts*
  18. mazekin Member

Hey! Don't knock the present fairy...or you might not get any. She's like Santa...but shorter and hairier legs. Goes well with the tutu.
  19. Katcal I Aten't French !

I'm not knocking her, I was just picturing Garner getting hit by a fairy's sack... :biggrin:
  20. Roman_K New Member

Belated happy birthday, man. Even though I already wished you happy birthday over MSN. :)
  21. Nester New Member

A little late but Happy Birthday
  22. TamyraMcG Active Member

Happy Birthday GGG, I tired to put a way to get to a new web comic. Its in Photobucket. I hope you can find it from the IMG and enjoy. The Birds, cracked me up.
  23. spiky Bar Wench

Oh yeah happy birthday and stuff. I'm broke after my European visit that wiped out all my funds.

I could give you a paper clip. Do you want a paper clip?
  24. Garner Great God and Founding Father

is it red?
  25. mowgli New Member

To Garner: I read this today and thought of you! Please, accept this as an extremely belated gift, or else I'll have to fish out my smacking trout (it's swimming around in the Delaware river somewhere)

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20070719&mode=classic

To everyone else who sent a belated b-day wish - I'm WAY later than all of you, so feel better :)!
  26. Garner Great God and Founding Father

jesus, he's been making that thing for HOW many years now, and illiad still hasn't learned how to draw.
  27. mowgli New Member

Neither has Scott Adams but it didn't make "Dilbert" any less popular :wink:
  28. redneck New Member

The coffee maker in that comic reminds me of a puppy's face. Maybe I'm just tired. Anyway, Happy Birthday (or a few days after) Clay. I'm not too late, just getting an early start on next year.
  29. spiky Bar Wench

It could be. Theres nothing that a bit of blood won't fix...
  30. Garner Great God and Founding Father

blood goes brown after a while though.

as for adams vs. illiad, i'm not even sure if adams does the actual artwork anymore. he could have done a jim davis and gone over to the 'management' side of things.

but, regardless of who 'draws' dilbert, they have decent linework and follow the schulzian minimalism. illiad doesn't try to accomplish more with less, he just can't draw. his line work is quite poor, his layouts aren't that great, and he's an even bigger elitist wankjob than scott kurtz.

still, that said, i AM impressed with how long he's kept at it, even if i'm disappointed at the lack of improvements. (for a quick contrast, check out the original artwork for Questionable Content compared to its current incarnation. I could also say look at Penny Arcade, but QC's a much younger comic, and even in the begining of PA, gabe had good potential).
  31. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yeah... says the guy who only ever writes tripods :cool:
  32. Garner Great God and Founding Father

have you seen the times when Tycho draws the Penny Arcade strips?

Let's face it, people should work to their strengths and know their limitations. it's just that in illiad's case, his only real "strength" is appealing to geek culture by waving a big sign saying 'hey, geeks, come be geeky over here and act all elitist cause you know what the fuck linux is'

and, well, frankly *i'm* a nerdy geek and even I wanna beat him up for his lunch money.