HarperCollins Wises Up

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Marc, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Marc New Member

In the preperation for Thud being released someone apparently looked in on the boards and ......... long story short - there is now a moderator!!!
  2. QuothTheRaven New Member

3. mowgli New Member

I'm guessing it's someone NOT from the community? They'll have a hell of a job...
  4. queenynci New Member

Has any -one read the new mods post?
    Juggy aked them to delete stuff, but the mod said no
  5. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Meh, good for them I suppose. I don't think it really concerns us anymore. Forget about the old board.
  6. Toaf New Member

What the rinso said.
  7. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Two things:

1) Once thud comes out, they'll have a flood of new members. Juggicide will do his best to call us bullies. Most of them will not care, and will find it very very creepy to be told how evil former posters were as soon as they join. Hopefully in a matter of months, there will be a new, thriving, relatively wanker free community over there. That's all the closure we're going to get. It's time to stop lurking over there.

2) Winnie/Marc, I'm pretty sure I asked you this a number of times on the old site and never got a reply, so I'm asking again: Why did you post on the Stamps forum with the signature of "I woke up screaming that Garner was out to get me" at a time when many people who bear grudges against me were having their rag party? Why did you then change that signature after it was pointed out on the old site, and why have you tried to continue on in this community as if you hadn't just been a very childish person?

You do NOT go slagging ANY of us off on another site and then pretend like it never happened. If you're going to post here, I think you owe the whole community an explaination, and it had better be darned good.
  8. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Agreed Garner.

It's fine to post on the stamps forum. But don't use it as a place to sland anyone from here off, as if we won't be able to see it.

It's a petty and childish way to act.
  9. Garner Great God and Founding Father

what i find childish is the refusal to even admit it or acknowledge that we know about it. serriously, if winnie's already answered this on the old site, someone link me, cause I've totally failed to see it, or forgotten it if i have.

and this isn't a witch hunt, I can see many (childish) reasons for doing it... maybe he just wanted to fit in, and after seeing Dragonbiddy introduce herself by talking about how someone most people there had never met was evil incarnate, he thought that the best way to do so was to slag me off...

but we need to wait and see what winnie has to say for herself.
  10. sampanna New Member

Personally I think it was just twisted humour by Winnie, but still needs an explanation here.
  11. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i dunno, i don't think winnie was THAT stupid to think such a thing could be construed as humor.

still, who knows. the fact that he's ignored it so long makes it even less likely, but maybe this is all just part of the joke and i just don't get it